Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting the Bluetooth ECM adapter on a diet

So after getting frustrated trying to find the somewhere to stash the BT adapter in the tail of the XB9SX, I decided to open it up and see if I could reduce it's size. I ended up using some "bulbs" from my kids' Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs and came up with the following:

Who sells that Bluetooth adapter

I bought it from www.xoptiinside.com

Thanks. You use it for data logging? Or can you do everything in emcspy like with a hard cable? Just curious would like to get one. Maybe run something through my phone

I'm just getting started with tuning, but so far I've been using it for data logging with ECMdroid on my old GalaxyNexus.

It seems to be working fine for data logging. I suppose it could be used to replace a physical cable, but I haven't tried that yet.

Ha ha i did exactly the same, well sort of............. I built my bluetooth adapter with the detail found on this site and then housed it in a mentos case which i have zip tied to my fuse box between the fuse box and the seat catch.
    I just leave it in there now and data log when ever i fancy it with my ECMdroid. Its been in there for about 500 miles now and is still running strong :-)

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage
    I built my bluetooth adapter with the detail found on this site and then housed it in a mentos case which i have zip tied to my fuse box between the fuse box and the seat catch.
    LoL - yeah... this was done spur of the moment this morning. I may troll the candy aisle tomorrow for a more suitable container. :D

BTW, leaving it in the bike doesn't impact the battery or draw power constantly does it? Am I correct in assuming that diagnostic port is only powered while the key is "on"?

I haven't monitored the battery voltage with it installed but yes its only powered with the key in the ignition and turned to the first "click".

The mentos tube has worked out really well. Its pretty much water proof as well. to make it fully waterproof I should really put some silicone sealant around where the lid closes on to the body but so far under the seat its taken a hose pipe wash down with no leaks.

I leave mine plugged in and haven't noticed any negative effects anywhere from anything.

I'm gonna be looking at all my sons toys now. Maybe a Halo drop pod from his Legos? lol

I wasn't happy with cutting the container wide open to fit the connector through it and mummifying it with electrical tape, so I convinced my kids to eat some more chocolate for daddy (not that it took much convincing). Daddy was cheered and hailed as a hero.

So, I took the wiring off of the circuit board, drilled the container, fed the wires through and reconnected the wiring. To finish it off, I took a small ziplock bag and a zip-tie and sealed up the unit for more moisture protection. Here are the results...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast