Thread: rocker box gasket leak on a 2007?

2007 Buell Blast

I've had a small oil leak running down the front of the motor that's been slowly getting worse since I bought the bike used about three years ago. It's gotten to the point where it's annoying enough to fix so I did some research and ordered a new PCV valve and grommet (still backordered).

However, I was out messing around with the bike today and decided to further investigate the leak. I found that it's not the PCV valve at all, but oil is seeping from the front left corner of the seam between what the parts manual calls the "top rocker cover" and the "inner rocker cover". I've circled it in red:

I thought that only the 2000 and 2001 models had the crappy paper gasket. Is it possible that my 2007 simply has a failed metal one?

I don't know enough about the blast model to certainly say but 2007 was a notorious year for the xb's. It's most definitely the rocker box gaskets. Easy repair and I could imagine even more so on a blast. The rubber o-ring gets dry and hard in the corners of the outer gaskets typically. Good luck

Any gasket is capable of leaking. They're cheap and easy to replace. It'll likely solve your issue.

hello friends a taste back to greet them.
    I have a problem with my buell blast P3
    light easily.
    heat well.
    when I accelerate at rest accelerates well without problem, and wake up in normal bell.
    the problem arises when I'm running, change of 1-2 and accelerated more and begins to slow down as if it needed air and bell ace a noise as if it needed air to elevarce, I thought it was the air filter and the clean and continuing the problem.
    you remove the air filter and the problem continues.
    revise the hood and rubber diaphragm spring and needle and everything else and the problem continues.
    the diaphragm has no cracks or ruptures or leaks
    Thoroughly clean the carburetor bore hole and the problem continues ..
    the more I accelerate more you want to stop and this happens only when I go to second and third and fourth, accelerating normally and does not exceed 40 miles of speed ..
    also check the carburetor throat and is well
    Also check the exhaust if he had any obstruction and right.

need help please
    thank you

Check your primary chain tension. When the engine is warm, loosen the adjustment bolt until you hear the chain slapping the case. Tighten the adjustment bolt until the sound just barely stops. Tighten the locknut.