Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1125r with fireboat under tail and customized exhaust

Am I wrong or does it look identical except the seat and tail don't line up at all with the rest of the bike? I'm not digging the clashing colors either.

Its all personal taste. Personally I like it. There are things that I would have done differently but I applaud the ingenuity. The firebolt undertail follows the flow of the bike much better than the stock. If you look the bottom of the tail now follows the line set by the underside of the pod. I think it it completes the flow of the bike. Where before it seemed disrupted to me. The gap between the seat and frame is easily remedied and as for the color scheme, not my style. But like I said. Its preference.

Wow, you guys throw quite the blanket party.

Safe to say this guy won't be posting much after this round of abuse.

I think the xbr tail is higher
    The undertail is the only part that is different. The tail has been raised, but with brackets. There is no difference between an 1125 tail fairing and an xbr tail fairing.

I like it.
    Can we see more angles? Maybe one shot without the passenger pegs plz?

Not exactly how I thought people would react! Haha everyone gets their own opinion tho! I think it's cool, I couldn't be happier with it. I also installed a quick action throttle which is awesome. The 1125r looks were pretty much love it or hate it to start with so when I bought it I knew something had to change. I think what I've done balances the bike. As for the colors, the white is vinyl wrap, I can pull it off whenever I just thought I'd try it, and the EBR stickers I made using a laser engraver to cut them out of adhesive, and the colored stickers are only on there until I get bored of them, that usually happens after a few weeks. I don't want to throw away the stickers so I throw them on the bike then after a while I realize they stand out too much and remove them. Anyways maybe you guys could be more specific about what you don't like? I'm always open to input! :)

It really does look good. You guys are just enphasizing on the not finished. He can't work on his bike a lot. The gap between the frame tail can be fixed. And I love the under tail. The firebolt underpan is way tigher to the subframe which looks way better then that droopy 1125 underpan which I know we've all thought before. and the exhaust tips are awesome for a stock can. I hate the factory ones spitting **** all on your brake and rim. And paint sheme is matter of opinion.

No thanks again. Does nothing for the looks of the bike.

JMO - Just My Opinion.

I was in HS once and my taste wasnt so poor.........

Like you said it's all about opinion, what is it that you don't like about it? You're taking time out of you're day to bash on it and if you're anything like me time is precious, so I'm curious, what is it that's got you gagging?

I was curious what the FreeSpirits brackets would do without their associated plastics. I nearly bought the set John had for sale there for a while. The two things I was worried about seem to have resulted, the gap between the tail plastic/frame, and the misalignment of the seat with the air box cover. The gap is somewhat addressable with the addition of some ABS plastic sheets or the like. The misalignment may be more challenging to address. I do like the idea of raising the tail and cleaning up the undertail, but not a fan of their shroud solution. I also use the "trunk" space, and their plastics make it into a solid piece with no opening. Here is the complete FreeSpirits kit for reference for those who haven't seen it. The back end of the tail plastics where it meets the frame looks really chunky/beefy on the white bike.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast