Thread: Engine Vibration at 2500 RPM

Just bought a 2008 XB12XT, My Brother has a 2007 XB12X. Mine has much more Vibration than his. Like night and day. Not sure where to look. I do get a "stumble" at idle every so often, and it has even died while at idle. Not sure if the vibration and that are related, but I think the ECM may have just been re-learning (I have only put 250 mile son the bike). Other wise seems to run pretty good.

The Vibration is felt all over. Rear View mirrors are useless unless the engine is over 3500 or under 2000. Hands numb, feet tingle.

I have several pictures, and even a video or me revving it in neutral. I put it all together here:

http://www.randpcarriages.com/Buell-XB12XT.html

I really would like to get this solved, but really want to just throw money at it. I mean I mind spending the money to fix, just would like to fix it and move on to other projects.

the front motor mount seems to reach the end of is normal lifespan
    do the revving test with the bike on her wheels, not on the side stand
    but the motor mount is gone, when new the gap in the top is minimal

Can you tell from the pictures if the top gap looks minimal? Or Should I just replace it? Difficult? Where to source a new mount?

Paul

the only photo you can see the top gap, its on the last one, it doesn't seem to bad, but, was that pic taken with or without the side stand? if it was taken with the side stand, than the gap is too large!
    there's a lot of places to buy it, I'm in Portugal, so, probably not the right guy for letting you know, but there is always ASB http://www.americansportbike.com
    hope I was of help

Just bought a new front mount from the vendor above (buellparts.net)

cool, when you get it on, let us know the result

Check the rear isolator also. They do go out, just not as common as the front. I would also look at the Y-bracket, then there are two more mounts (one on the top under the air box and one off the front of the engine) they are double heim joints. That is all the brackets that hold the engine in place. Remember these are HD engines and they do vibrate quite a bit, BUT not nearly as bad as you depicted. If all is good, start with trying to identify if the vibration is due to failing engine parts. Do you hear any knocks, clunks, taps, etc? (Outside normal valve train noise) Also make sure your primary chain adjustment is with in specs?