Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine Surging/Hunting 2-3 rpm (again)

Thanks Tbone! - I'll add the ecm relocate to my mandatory list then - and in the meantime perform a patience reset on my brain! Like you say, I want to spend as much time riding my Uly as possible - but working at it's best.

Thanks Tbone! - I'll add the ecm relocate to my mandatory list then - and in the meantime perform a patience reset on my brain! Like you say, I want to spend as much time riding my Uly as possible - but working at it's best.

Done the breather mod... not run the bike yet...

Question re fitting the extra groung wire. Is it the bolt on the left I'm going for (not right)?

And do I attached between the bolt and the washer?

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/...08145220_L.jpg

Also got to my air filter... was surprised to see the air filter looking so full of cr*p having just had a full service (plus sandy grit on the base plate). Front cylinder breather hose (now re-routed for the breather mod) had quite a sharp kink/restriction.

I'm going to give it a go over with the Dyson before it goes back on (and clean the base plate) - but how bad should it get before it needs to be replaced - and is this something I should expect to have been picked up by the mechanic?

I'm sure I'll find out soon enough when the bikes back together, but presumably any of this could also contribute to my poor running issues?

[img][/img]

Wow, looks like you drive through hay fields? or the mechanic was snoozing when checking the filter?

I believe that is the bolt on the coil pack, which is correct, not sure of the telemetry of the pic, but it is the one on the coil pack.

When I built my cable the ring terminals were copper coated with silver anti corrosion, so I put the washer on top so it would only get crushed when I tightened it. There might be other ring terminals that are different or maybe better material, just what I could get at a Autozone.

Thanks @Tbone! - Any thoughts on my 'hay bailer's air filter... just clean it for now or ditch it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123