Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dec 7th 2013 Portland Oregon, Meetup? Shiners Toy run.

Nice helmet! I have always liked that one, but have never been lucky enough find it in my size.. I think it goes well with molten orange AND the barricade orange Buell colors.

15 degrees here this am, streets are solid ice & snow. I think I would need a set of "ice tires with the sheet metal screws", just to get out of my driveway

So dumb that the toy run was canceled!! Its so beautiful in Portland and ABATE screwed up. Kinda pissed cause i put a huge effort in to get my bike ready.

Oh well. Im going for a ride nonetheless.

RIDE WAS NOT CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The permit for the official ride was told it was being pulled by the Police because of concerns,, but we rode ANYWAY!! I got there later than I wanted,, had some fuel issues on the bike, but still made it by 11am, bought my raffle tickets, Didnt win the new bike, or the moped or the 500 dollars gift card. But i did get free coffee, some big honking Oatmeal cookies with raisens,, and cocoa... I also got my annual run pins and shriners buttons, smaller crowd but nice clear day, my hands were cold as hell,, even with heavy gauntlet gloves, but there was propane heaters all over, plus when we rode to the hospital,, a nurse lady had a box of warming pads, the chemical type that stay warm for 10 hours and was giving them away, I stuffed them into my gloves for the ride home. No Spaghetti feed at the BSMC this year, but lots of events around town, Nice day for a ride. i got 92 miles on the wifes Sporty. I had put a 2>1 stainless super trapp set of pipes/muffler on it and it made a nice barking noise all day. No one called it a girls bike either.

Quite a few squids on Sport bikes,, Full Tilt Riders is one of the clubs,, another one with RR on their backs, most of them had big spiky mohawks on their helmets, about 12-15 of them, a few asian bikes, some European bikes, Saw Rick Chappelle on his Guzzi with heated gloves, jacket, seat and grips, He has the local Guzzi dealership, saw a number of the usual suspects, but NO BUELLS,

next ride is the Polar bear ride on Jan 1st. with pizza feed afterwards. bummer missed you guys.

Thanks on the Helmet, i REALLY like it, my other full face helmet was destroyed in my last wreck,a guy in the Norton club gave me the Buell helmet. It was too tight on him, I have a big head too and its super tight on me, hard to get my glasses on, but it seems really well made.

I really wanted to go, but I knew I had plans for the 7th.

I am, however, interested to hear more about the Polar bear ride on the 1st.

Any pics? I tried to go to the olympia toy run but my hands were so cold, I couldn't make it all the way down, had to turn back home

heres pix of the run pins and button, i have been going to this event for 25 years and make it a point to get my pins each time, no way would i miss it, when you get to the hospital at the end of the ride there Shriners in Fezs and they hand out run pins and buttons, often each year theres 2-4 different styles so its cool to get one of each.

I did not take any general pix at the ride as nothing too exciting to report,,,And no Buell guys were there except me but to be fair i rode my wifes sporty,.,,although i DID have my camera with me.

the problem is pix from years past are too large pixel size to post here. have to figure out a way to downsize them, BUT,,, there is a guy there each year who takes publicity pix and you can order copies from him, he sends out freebies, and you can order higer res copies if thats your thing. They also use them for publicity for the hospital, Not sure what they would want to use a pix of me for,, Fat bastard and all,, but since you asked for pix this is all i have for this year. (Will post a seperate thread on the upcoming polar bear ride)

see my new post on Buell meetup events thread for the upcoming Polar bear ride,,,or see

htp://.www.pdxpolarbearrun.com

Nice chaps.. :D

You know I HAD to say something, right? ...looks like I have something to tease you about from here on, lol

Thump

yep, needed something to block the wind,, that was one COLD ride,, but im buying some new gear after my crash and looking at some armored pants, Im also getting a pair of full leather pants from Langlitz leathers, Chaps dont get used much anymore,,,, but i needed something and my snow mobile pants got melted on the 2>1 pipes last year on the january Bone head enduro. (Hey! why do i smell plastic burning?)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123