Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2001 buell x1 cafe project...

Looking at a 2000 tubler that went down hard, in rough shape. After seeing this , if it can be had at the right price it might be a good winter project.

To " Internet Annoyance "
    I got the tail section from a company called "Glass From the Past".. It is the Vintage Harley Davidson Aermmachi tail section which is fiber glass in construction. The rear sets are LSL which had to be special ordered due to they did not offer them for a tuber anymore. But with some begging per say they agreed to produce a one off set for me...As you can see in one of the pic's i modded the rear set a bit so i could run GP shift pattern...All of my other bikes are GP shift so this had to be done. I tried to ride the buell with the standard shift pattern but found out quickly that i would eventually end up killing myself!! lol....

Absolutely Awesome job! Be sure to submit a pic for next years calendar!

Yes wish you would have had that pic for this years calendar!

Oh Cool!,,, Yeah I know all about Glass From the past, He is local to me, Ive Known Brett for a while, He road races vintage bikes. He is known to take a while to make the parts, but i can not find any faults with the quality of his work, He often uses a special matte material from a local diving board manufactuerer and ive gotten cafe racer parts from him before, BSA and Triumph. (im mostly into Vintage Britt Iron). So i bet he would appreciate some pix of how it turned out, maybe might end up on his website.

Thanks for the update on the controls, if you dont mind a good pix side shots from each side looking dead on at both sides controls??? That would be helpful, Im looking to build some myself,, I looked at a set of BANKES controls on feebay for a tuber, came close to buying, they went for $350 IIRC but i tend to be cheap, and have access to lots of guys with machine shops, plus my wife works in one.

I met the BANKE guy down in California last spring, I have his business card around here somewhere. I bought some vintage British bike parts from him at a bike show and swap meet. (NorCal BSAOC Clubmans show in San Jose) and he had a box of uncompleted rear sets for sport bikes,, was selling them cheap,,, had 12 sets in there,, finally he said, just take the whole box, $100 :D:p;)
    Im looking at finishing them and perhaps using them, thats why a good side shot close up of each side would help.
    Thanks for sharing!

Way cool. Perfect. I love looking at bikes with this much thought put into it. So much to look at. Just from the pics, it's easy to see every inch of the bike was well thought about. Congrats man, nice work. What's next?

Love the color of the frame. Who does your powder coating? Remember the color?

Nothing in the near future i am burnt out for awhile...I have four motorcycles so that alone keeps me busy not to include work, house and all the other things i have going on in my life...lol.
    Snail Motorsports here in vegas did all of my powder coating on this bike which included the frame, triples, swing arm, primary cover, cam chest cover, sub frame and other small assorted bit's. The color of the frame is called liquid aluminum.. Almost looks like a dull polished aluminum...

^thanks.

Lots of nice choices you made and that color is just one of them. Like how it has that aluminum look, but subdued. From the pics it almost looks like brushed naked aluminum.

One more Q. The guages. I'm not very well versed in the tuber crowd. Are those stock guages? If not who is the manufacture?

I'm looking for some round guages for a project I'm working on, and having a hard time finding basic digital clocks with analog needles and indicators.

Whouwwaaahhh !

Always loved the look of the tubers but this is a whole new level! Great job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast