Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fuel pump o rings

Anyone know where I can get the fuel pump o rings for a 05 xb9sx? My pump looks different than all the others I have seen changed out in other threads. I thought ahead and bought new ones before I replaced my pump but they are clearly too large. I bought 3in id. By .190.

I don't know what happened to my stock ones, maybe they swelled up when gas hit them but they are way too loose to go back in now.

P0121.02A8A...$4.99 @newcastlehd.com

verify before you order if that is for 2 o-rings, Harley has been selling Buell parts as each when the part number refers to two pieces in a package, just FYI, replace the filters while you have it already out

I replaced the pump, filter and pick up screen. In really hoping to find the o rings local, I need this bike running by Friday night.

sorry, wish Buell had listed the o-ring sizes like they did for some of the hardware in the rear of the parts catalog, try ASB speak with Al, maybe expedite shipping...the guys at newcastle are great also..that's if they have it in stock

DSD;
    Let me know (PM) IF you can't get them from ASB or one of the H/D dealers. Call; 717-664-0888. (Iron Valley H/D). They are my local shop and will help you any way they can. IF you come up empty-handed, I have a set here I can send to you as a last resort. I only say this, as I myself want to pull my pump and do the filters and update the harness SOON. I have everything to FINALLY get it done! :)

Thanks I'll keep you up to date with if I can come up with anything. In going to try the local hydraulic shop tomorrow and see what they have.

you want fuel compatible o-rings, not hydraulic ones...as an aircraft mechanic that works with both types of fluids, just an FYI

The place has everything. I got nitril o rings the other day. What would be the best material, viton?

nitrile

So I found the right o rings, out it all together and took it to fill it up with gas and it's leaking. I made sure to live the o rings and they went in smooth. Do the bolts that hold the pump in go all the way through? Is it possible it's leading from there?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast