Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix for the Primary Cover

Hybrid View

So rrbuell and I have put together a kit to fix the broken area of the primary cover that the clutch ramp assembly rests on.
    It's an easy 5 step process with minimal tools and skill required. Included are detailed instructions with pictures, all the hardware needed, as well as unlimited technical and phone support for $60.00 shipped. You also have the option of sending your broken primary cover to us to fix for you for $150.00 shipped back to you.

You can follow this link to place an order https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16PZ...Nsd5A/viewform

If you have any questions please email us at robndave.inc@gmail.com

Thanks in advance everyone!

Hey dlack001,

Google brought me here just FYI. Been a member for a while but mostly just lurking for the past couple years. I burnt my clutch out due to the main bolt in the shifter breaking off and being flush with the primary cover. Had to limp it home in 3rd gear for about 20 miles. Lots of stop and go's. Thats all it took to finish off the clutch plates. Ordered barnetts clutch plate kit and got it installed. Installed the primary cover back on and tested the clutch. Thats when I noticed that 2/3rds of the "lip" was sheared off. UGH. Right now I have a couple bids on ebay for a new primary cover as I need your "fix" and i also need the shifter bolt retapped and a new bolt installed. My questions to you:

Are you still providing the same service where we send in the primary and you apply your fix and send it back?

Can you also fix my shifter bolt hole by retapping and fitting a new bolt in it? Its the main big bolt that the actual shifter pivots around.

Yes I do refurbish broken primary covers. I think I can fix your shifter bolt too...shoot me an email with some pictures and we'll go from there. I try to have a 1 day turn around with refurbishing covers!
    -Dave
    robndave.inc@gmail.com

Broken primary

Quote Originally Posted by dflack001 View Post
    Yes I do refurbish broken primary covers. I think I can fix your shifter bolt too...shoot me an email with some pictures and we'll go from there. I try to have a 1 day turn around with refurbishing covers!
    -Dave
    robndave.inc@gmail.com

Dave you fixed mine and it has been great riding every day and ZERO problems thanks.

Thank you Tmell! I appreciate the feedback! I'm really glad to hear all is well!

I also had this happen to my 2009 Buell Ulysses. I purchased the repair kit and had a machinist at work do the fix for me. After the install on the first ride the clutch knuckles were rubbing the repair plate. You mentioned a change in the instructions so this would not happen. Could you elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by pawdaddy View Post
    I also had this happen to my 2009 Buell Ulysses. I purchased the repair kit and had a machinist at work do the fix for me. After the install on the first ride the clutch knuckles were rubbing the repair plate. You mentioned a change in the instructions so this would not happen. Could you elaborate.
    Boy that change was very early on. It was just a dimensional change. Shaving a few more thousandths off the area being milled. Sounds like you need to take a few more thousandths off. Were you able to work the clutch with out hearing it rub? Shoot me an email if you want...robndave.inc@gmail.com
    -Dave

what additional work/materials does the basic kit require compared to the upgraded kit? thanks

i just ordered a kit, can't wait to get my bike back on the road. Thanks Again dflack!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyNick View Post
    i just ordered a kit, can't wait to get my bike back on the road. Thanks Again dflack!
    Anytime buddy! Glad you got a hold of me before I went to bed...though I'm up pretty late! Glad to keep these Buells on the road with a bulletproof fix!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast