Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buell cityxb9sx smaller battery options?

I don't know I just bought a AGM battery for a BMW 745 and it was 640$. I thought 200 for a pretty techy battery was a good price. My tail section is all carbon fiber so loosing the weight was a great plus for me.

I have to ask.....why did you pick that battery for that car? I totally understand for applications where the battery is in a weird position, and where the vehicle is under extreme conditions racing, 4 wheeling, rock crawling etc. But is that a daily driver factory car? I mean no disrespect, just curious why you would spend that when in a reg vehicle application you could spend 120 on a battery that would last you a minimum of 5 years....the current one in my truck is from 2008....still load test fine and starts on these cold NJ mornings.

Battery lives in the trunk next to
    modules, fuse panels, stereo equipment etc. It is the stock replacement battery for the car. I've ran your auto store lead acid batteries in there before and ran into issues in the past. The car takes a long time to go to sleep and everytime the key comes within a certain distance the car wakes up. There is a rediculous load on the battery all the time. Everytime there is a battery issue and it's unplugged it has to be registered to the car so the alternator can make another adaptive algorithm for charging it or damage will occur to the charging system. I don't like to fool around with stuff that wasn't designed for the application.

I really didn't mean to high jack your thread either I feel bad.

let me first ask you....are you ****ing retarted? it seems you are living in a life that is not quite complete.....try running a real battery that will conform to the uses you need....if you let you battery sit for months you need a well cycled battery to be ready for you.....deep cycle is not the answer....dumbass....try hiring a guy to help you....**** face!....find out what your highjacking before you asshole yourself.....a battery tender is sweet....if i ever find out im riding with you ill kick you out to the river

It's the battery BMW gave me. With their brand on it. For my car. Your post is a little too hostile for the matter at hand.

Inactive
    let me first ask you....are you ****ing retarted?
    shawn: any post that commences with this opening question is always fabulous. well played son. :D

Remind me never to buy a BMW 745...and for the price of one Ballistic I can almost buy 3 Big Cranks. If I wanted to drop 9 lbs of weight off the bike, I'd stop eating pizza and drinking beer and start hitting the gym.

Inactive
    If I wanted to drop 9 lbs of weight off the bike, I'd stop eating pizza and drinking beer and start hitting the gym.
    join the crowd sparky. my dick alone weighs 9 lbs. but that's another story all-together. :D

My .2 cents. 1 that was funny and got out of hand fast. I'm sure he doesn't want to void his warrenty on his car. When you get to those high dollar/crazy electronic cars manufactures put you in a tough spot. Everything isn't made to work on, you need specialty tools for everything. And the sellerships is the only place to go. The only way to fully understand that is to own a stupid expensive car or really high tech car.

.2 Sooo I have a ebr lithium battery. And I'm in love with it. I save 10 pounds! (And I still get to enjoy my life and eating habits!) and I have about twice the space under neither my seat. I have an s tail and I everything open from the battery tray back for storage.

I just get angry at how people throw money at the stealerships and think what they got is great. With the easiest tool we most all have at our fingertips, most can search the web and find what you need or a normal price for it. It might help to say that I have been a mechanic and fabricator for 20 years. Ive worked at shops and seen horrible crap and good stuff....that one will be added to the horrible....I just told my Dodge mechanic buddy about it...he almost fell on the floor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast