Hey everyone, I'm posting here to introduce myself and tell you about my initial thoughts on my xb12s. I am an expert offroad racer that has just been bored in the dirt lately and I decided to sell a race bike to grab another buell. In the past I have owned a gsxr750, suzuki marauder, xr650l, XB12R, drz400s, and SV650s.

Last night I drove up to Daytona and grabbed this 07 with 14,300 miles for $3,400.

My first impression is that it doesn't turn nearly as good as my xb12r or sv650s. I have a feeling it has something to do with the handlebar position. As you can see the aftermarket bars are mounted in front of where they would normally set. Am I wrong to think that them being positioned more forward can have a negative effect on turning? I have a set of fasstco flexx bars that I think I'm going to install. Maybe they will help with the vibration.

-It doesn't have any sort of trunk or helmet lock. Shame on you buell.
-I think it was laid down judging by the marks under the right frame guard. Are those just glued on? How can I check out the damage?
-It doesn't have the same throttle response that my 12r did. Mine had the race pipe and maybe ECU mods from the PO. It NEVER coughed when I chop the throttle like this one does.

If anyone has another lightning in Orlando and would like to ride it and give me their thoughts I'm welcome to it.

Here she is!