Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: funny HD safety inspection story

Those of you that have 1125 or ever heard one know of the very unique sound. I am stationed in Hawaii and I took my 09 1125cr with 2600 miles on it, to get safety inspected at Cycle City HD. When they finished, they called me in to inform me: "You know that noise your bike is making? It's not suppose to do that" I may have laughed a little, then proceeded to tell him that this is indeed the sound of a stock 1125. So he goes on to tell me that every mechanic down there would walk buy and ask what is wrong with the bike and they thought there was something wrong with the clutch or a bearing. So I looked at him and was like " you think there is a probable with my clutch or a bearing with only 2,600 miles? " HD Tech: "yea, I mean, i am no tech expert or anything but we know Buells pretty well" At this point i just stopped talking, i realized i was not going to get anywhere. Then they decided to come out side because one of the other "Techs" wanted to hear it. So i start it and he goes "it sounds like a clutch problem" so they squeezed the clutch (which at this point i was surprised they know where it was) and goes "it feels fine, well maybe a little funny" I just looked at these guys and thought to my self "man, i am glad there isn't something actually wrong with my bike, who knows what these guys would do to it"

-The bike literally sounds the exact same as every other 1125, not to mention i have 20+ years of riding experience.

Heh.

That's one reason why I do all of my own service... I'm in Hawaii, too, btw. What branch of service are you? I'm a former Marine, now a DoD civilian at the shipyard.

Are you selling your bike? I saw one for sale in hawaii and it said it was the only registered one in Hawaii

Perhaps they're right, but if not, it certainly wouldn't be the first time an HD service shop has drafted up a 'make work' service order...

I'm in the navy on a ddg-112.

@buellxb9rs, I bough that bike. I am now selling my xb12scg.

There are at least two CRs on Oahu, then; yours and mine. Mine is a red '09. I don't commute with it, but you may see it on base when I work OT on the weekends.

Small world I built several of the DDG's at Ingall's Shipyard in Pascagoula Ms., I think 112 was built in Maine wasn't it?

Yes up in bath

@poinographer yea I think there's another black one as well. I just let the guy think it was the only one. He seem pretty proud and I didn't want to burst his bubble. I love the cr. so much fun to drive. It's going to be hard to keep the miles off it.

My family and I are considering moving to Hawaii. I was wondering if it's as fantastic as I think it is. I've heard good and bad things about it. I'm a diesel tech so I wouldn't think it be too hard to get a job there. What's your thoughts on Hawaii?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast