Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best replacement battery?

I have learned a lot by just reading lunatics posts. Thank you for your vast knowledge of the product.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I have learned a lot by just reading lunatics posts. Thank you for your vast knowledge of the product.
    thanks much for that josh...thanks silver.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 01-26-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Lunatic clearly has the knowledge and the skills. However, the person asking for help on the forum, myself included, can have some serious knowledge deficits/experience that cannot be overcome even with the most Lunaticesque instruction set. Case and point, we tell this guy check your VR with multi-meter for parasitic draw, etc., etc., and Lunatic goes on merrily explaining away and the guy comes back with, "What's a VR?"

A little less recently there was a guy who was having problems with his spark plugs, and he got walked through via the forum. He comes back with a post, I fixed everything super good, just like you guys told me and I made sure to red loctite the spark plugs in place so it won't happen again. meanwhile we are like

Ya, that one was a little

Well,, let's face it, a little common sense ( like read the recommendations ) goes a long way.

Yes to this ^^^^^^

If there is one thing I love most about motorcycles or cycling in general is how awed and surprised I am by the people who share the same passion. I was riding with a group who have ridden in Arkansas for over 20 years and sometimes several times a year. They know every road, route, stop imaginable and I would consider a few of them highly skilled expert street riders. We were heading up to Push mountain as it was being re-paved and stopped for lunch. As we were sitting their talking over lunch there was an old man with a driftwood cane/walking stick who started talking with us about how he loves to ride motorcycles and things he did when he was younger. Some of his stories seemed a little tall. As we were finishing up our BBQ lunch he asked us if he could ride with us? We seemed to think he was joking at first then we were a little hesitant as the old man leaned on his cane to stand up and walk, but we eventually agreed he could ride with us. As we were walking out of the restaurant and getting on our bikes, I did not believe this Old guy was really going to ride with us to Push mountain. Well low and behold we see this old man sitting with his walking stick bungie corded down on the back of the seat of his yellow BMW 1200, he also had handicapped plates. He then asked if he can lead the ride and he knew some really good roads. School was then in session, this old man rode circles around us and the fastest bikes/riders in our group were on an SVT 1000, Non Stock RS 1100, and the rest were on Tiger 1200's, and a 1050. He dropped us like a big dog several times and he waited for us to catch up. The best riders in our group said that they were afraid to catch up to him because he might even go faster. Well this man with a cane was named Bill and he had over 140K miles on his bike. This reminds me of this post, don't confuse knowledge with skills or judge someone, as you just may be proven wrong. If you are ever in Ark. and see this Old guy he just might ask you to go riding? ArkansasBMW.jpg

Last edited by Tbone; 01-26-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234