Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best replacement battery?

The original battery finally gave up the ghost. Was looking for the popular/public opinion of what the best battery to replace the original with is. Suggestions anyone? Found the Anti Gravity batteries and really liked their options, but little out of my price range at the moment. Always used Yuasa in the past, but there are alot of different models for the Buell so maybe someone has used a particular one to great results. Thanks group!

Look up Deka Ext14 big crank battery. It's the same as factory but much cheaper. Good battery too.

My battery died last year while parked on Hwy 75 at Dave and Busters in Dallas, so I carried that heavy battery all the way to Batteries Plus and bought a new one for about $98 plus tax. It was called X2Power AGM:
    Batteries Plus
    It was unfortunately just as heavy as the original, as I dragged it back to the bike and installed it. No problems with it so far and it came with the spacers as the terminals are not flush like the original. I am one year into the 2 year warranty. Definitely would rather have something lighter, but for the price it works ok.

I personally would get something like this

http://www.batterystuff.com/powerspo.../hYTX14HL.html

More importantly, I would buy a battery tender and connect it when not in use, for maximum longevity. Like this:

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...v021-0123.html

All good info. :) Thanks fellas, I will look all the links up and go from there. Appreciate!

Any AGM battery that is powerful enough.

I wouldnt go with an LiFePO4 unless you only track or you buy the expensive chargers. I am super less then happy with mine. And I have the Ballistics Performance 16 Cell HD LiFePO4 battery. Its so light that you notice the difference but the way it ALWAYS struggles to start the bike is terrible.

This is what I picked up. Made in America, probably by the same manufacturer. Yeah it weighs a little bit (same as stock) but I don't plan on racing my bike at the track anyway. http://www.batterymart.com/c-buell-1...c-battery.html Should work just fine. It was shipping free and the best price for a quality battery. Found that I could get a Deka locally, but they wanted about 15.00- 20.00 more so went this route. Thanks for the input Loki. Really thought about the Anti gravity batteries, but just couldn't spring for the $.

Good deal there!

+1 on battery mart. Whatever you do, dont get it from Wally World. The pos and neg terminals are reverse from stock, so if you arent paying attention you could hook up backwards and pop a fuse or 2. if you are paying attention it will require creativity in getting the positive cable on the left of the bike to match the positive terminal on the right of the battery... not a good deal either way.

Just a follow up on this battery from Battery Mart. Its a great deal! Has loads of juice to crank the bike over and fitment was perfect! I already have a battery tender, so going to change over the quick plug to some Deutsch plugs to keep the elements out (use them all the time on heavy equipment) and ease the speed of connections and will be all done! Did the "pre" spring start up and got the itch!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast