Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best replacement battery?

Hybrid View

The original battery finally gave up the ghost. Was looking for the popular/public opinion of what the best battery to replace the original with is. Suggestions anyone? Found the Anti Gravity batteries and really liked their options, but little out of my price range at the moment. Always used Yuasa in the past, but there are alot of different models for the Buell so maybe someone has used a particular one to great results. Thanks group!

+1 on the Big Crank ETX14. I'm on my 2nd unit now, but the original would've survived if I had paid attention to it. I wrecked during the summer of 2015 and mothballed the bike without disconnecting the battery. When I finally restored the bike the last few weeks (2.5 years of storage), it was way frozen over and not coming back. However, it's a great battery and doesn't suffer from the totally dismal performance the Ballistic Performance EVO2 16-cell LiFe battery it's replacing. I think Ballistic has a new battery that is more of a direct fit for the Buell, but at $300-350 it's really just not worth the extra cash.

Got lucky they only offered it for 1or 2 days. Update on lifetime battery, one of the terminals broke, so I brought it back,they changed it out, then the second time, The new manager, after trying not to honer it, finally gave me one, and changed it in the computer, to a 1 year warranty.and it was 145ish, but I figured, I would never have to buy a battery again, otherwise hell no I wouldnt have paid that much.

I must have a drain then. I bought a battery about a year Go and its done... I was just Bout to spend the money in the antigravity but it sounds like this ISN'T the best option. I'm hoping one of the Buell wizards are monitoring this feed

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoley View Post
    I must have a drain then. I bought a battery about a year Go and its done... I was just Bout to spend the money in the antigravity but it sounds like this ISN'T the best option. I'm hoping one of the Buell wizards are monitoring this feed
    well then break out the multi-meter and check for a parasitic drain. very uncommon with buells BUT 92% of the time if you have one it's the VR heading south.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    well then break out the multi-meter and check for a parasitic drain. very uncommon with buells BUT 92% of the time if you have one it's the VR heading south.
    What lunatic said..... if the VR checks out, then test the stator.

I've had the VR crap out on me before. You can look up the threads on Badweb from many years ago, but the sure fire fix for it was to replace the OE VR with a Compufire 55150.

Ok thanks. What does VR stand for?

Voltage regulator

That would be a Voltage Regulator to old schoolers like me. Virtual Reality seems to be the latest craze.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast