Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best replacement battery?

So today I ordered the batterymart.com battery posted above. And I got home to find an email saying that it's back ordered until about March 24! NOOOOOO!!! The iPhone site didn't say anything about it. 😓

Whatever you get, stay away from the Walmart Everstart, I ended up with one about a year ago when I needed a replacement fast one Sunday morning. It's failed twice since. To Walmart's credit, they've replaced the battery for me free each time, but in hindsight I'd much rather have just swallowed my pride, coughed up the dough, and walked into HD for a stock replacement!

I got one at cycle gear with lifetime warranty,wasnt too much more,but I never have to buy one again,going about 2 years on it now. And like the guys above said battery tender. Every now and then I will hook it up overnight to keep me good

Well I ride mine everyday, unfortunately some of my trips are 1-2 miles. I don't live far enough from work...

Woah lifetime warranty??? What's the catch?

+1 on the Big Crank ETX14. I'm on my 2nd unit now, but the original would've survived if I had paid attention to it. I wrecked during the summer of 2015 and mothballed the bike without disconnecting the battery. When I finally restored the bike the last few weeks (2.5 years of storage), it was way frozen over and not coming back. However, it's a great battery and doesn't suffer from the totally dismal performance the Ballistic Performance EVO2 16-cell LiFe battery it's replacing. I think Ballistic has a new battery that is more of a direct fit for the Buell, but at $300-350 it's really just not worth the extra cash.

Got lucky they only offered it for 1or 2 days. Update on lifetime battery, one of the terminals broke, so I brought it back,they changed it out, then the second time, The new manager, after trying not to honer it, finally gave me one, and changed it in the computer, to a 1 year warranty.and it was 145ish, but I figured, I would never have to buy a battery again, otherwise hell no I wouldnt have paid that much.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    I personally would get something like this

http://www.batterystuff.com/powerspo.../hYTX14HL.html
    This battery looks like the terminals are reversed for an XB Buell and it is made in China? Is the 1125 reversed from the XB?
    Last edited by Tbone; 01-03-2018 at 09:29 PM.

I must have a drain then. I bought a battery about a year Go and its done... I was just Bout to spend the money in the antigravity but it sounds like this ISN'T the best option. I'm hoping one of the Buell wizards are monitoring this feed

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoley View Post
    I must have a drain then. I bought a battery about a year Go and its done... I was just Bout to spend the money in the antigravity but it sounds like this ISN'T the best option. I'm hoping one of the Buell wizards are monitoring this feed
    well then break out the multi-meter and check for a parasitic drain. very uncommon with buells BUT 92% of the time if you have one it's the VR heading south.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast