Thread: 1125R MAP sensor

I've recently purchased a 2008 1125R as is with no service manual.
    I removed the air box cover to inspect filter and noticed a Bosch part at rear of air box that looks like it is suppose to have a hose on it.
    I obviously researched the part # to discover it is the MAP sensor.
    It runs ok I guess. I do have an issue with the deceleration when letting off throttle. it still runs higher rpms than it should I feel like. It doesnt back off until you pull in clutch and then idle returns to 1500 RPM's.
    It has HMF exhaust on it.
    Can someone please tell me where the hose goes to from the MAP sensor if there is suppose to be one.

If you are referring to the sensor at the back of the airbox facing down with 1 nipple with a green o-ring on it, then no there is no hose to it. A pic would help.

Thank you.
    That answers that mystery.
    By chance would you know why it may not back off on deceleration like it should?
    When I let off throttle to coast, it seems like it's running about 3k RPM's which makes me have to pull in clutch while taking a turn as opposed to using gear box.
    No "check engine" lights are on, although the fuel light has stayed on even after filling it up and running a full tank out and refilling.
    I found the fuel tank sending unit and actually un-plugged it while running, it started running poorly and check engine light came on. Obviously it does more than fuel level?
    Any thoughts on it running higher RPM's?
    I think ECM is stock but all recalls have been fixed on the bike. I did search a local Hawg shop yesterday and they did the summary for me and then the full definitions.
    Any help would be a great help.
    Thanks

No worries. Take your air box cover off to access your air filter. Remove the air filter and look down at your throttle bodies. There is a large rubber gasket that ties your throttle bodies to your air box. make sure that the linkage is free, sometimes people miss that it is binding after they put it back together. The fuel light on is a common problem. You can purchase a fuel sensor for a newer XBR and retrofit it. You just have to ground the sensor. On badweather there is a post on it. Pull your left pod cover off to access your ecm, it will say for race use only on it. Get a manual for it. Your brothers here and on badweather will also be a wealth of knowledge. Pm me if you have other questions.