Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got turned down at the dealer :(

tried to pick up a new 12scg a few days ago at the dealer, they called me back and said it was a no-go....

guess i'll prabably be buying one used, but im not finding ANY in my price range (of what ive scraped together so far...)

i have $3500, which is what i was going to use as a down payment on a new one... but since my only real job is the national guard of 5 years (only working one weekend a month currently for ~$200 a month) and my other "job" is to go to school and collect the MGI-bill and the kicker that the national gaurd offers me... which i cant count as income so basically on paper im screwed i guess.

i still have a car 1/2 in my name that was taken over by a family member... but they let me stay on it for the creadit points.
    think if i take that car off it might allow me to qualify for the bike?

grrr... its frustrating... maybe the bank the car loan is through will give me the loan if i take my name off the car first?

kinda dissapointed, thought i was going to be in there with $3500 down, thats a pretty good chunk right there... and would have put my payments under $200 a month which my guard check covers.

also, i should have prabably looked into this before, but what is full coverage a month on these bikes like? with a driving record that has alot of tickets but no accidents?

It's different for everyone, here's a good example; click the following link: Insurance Rates.

I think it's based on the lack of income you can claim more than the car payment. I wouldn't take that off, keep building the credit. I recommend used anyway, buying a new vehicle puts you upside down on it the second you drive it off the lot. That's not a financially wise place to be. Especially with the pending doom of the economy.

Apply for a loan with Bank of America. They had a bail out or something so they're handing out loans like candy. I just picked a new car thanks to B of A :D

would it be at all wise to try and get a loan for a used one? say an 08 for about $7-8K
    then i could put about 2500-3000 down, and have some extra cash left over for some accessories... maybe a mod, or some new gear...

With your income a loan will be extremely difficult if not impossible. Maybe a Co-signer for the loan would help.

I would suggest saving up and paying cash for a used one. You’re a student with minimal income, wait until you graduate and get a full time job to see how much “extra” income you have for a bike. It’s too easy to buy as an impulse (I’m guilty of doing this in the past as well) The economy sucks right now don’t force a payment that is unnecessary until you are grounded. Probably not what you wanted to hear. but it's just my advice.. take it with a grain of salt.

Damn I sound like my parents… am I that old @ 32 ?!?!?!?

i got a few things up for sale... a '91 vw GTI /w a 1.8t 20v swap, + standalone + ball bearing turbo...

i have it for sale for dirt cheap (less than the parts i have into it, $3k) and a vw 6spd add-on for $750, a turbo, and a rare intake manifold...

but, nobody has any money to buy any of it lol

just did my taxes, getting more back than i thought! $1,700 so that will definately help... there are a few for sale on ebay and craigslist right now that i can almost afford :D

Yay! You know, you should go to look at the bike, bring what cash that you have and hold it out in front of them and offer it. People don't like to turn down cash waving in their face. You never know, its worth a try, you might end up with a crazy awesome deal!

i would but i live out in the middle of nowhere... it would be at least a 3 hour drive lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast