Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: modifying AFR tables??

Lawdog and Ich have hit it right on the head.

If you plan on tuning outside of the 14.7 I will give you a few suggestions i personally have found that the best is to have a 13.0 above 4500rpm. I have very different values in my map to give me the best of all worlds but you do have to be very careful when making the map that much richer. At a low cruising rpm from 2200-3000 with TPS 25-50 it actually likes about 14.8 gives you a very slight lean value (better MPG too) but allows to dissipate any shudder the bike makes from getting too much fuel. I run open loop all the time.

I do have multiple maps that allow me to run year round depending on season.

Have fun tuning!

Thanks for the advice!! Yeah, I called Dan over at Hammer Performance today. I'm finishing up and insurance deal and I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a 1050 kit for my Xb9. Complete with10.5:1 compression pistons and some headwork with bigger valves and port/polish. I may run an xb12 throttle body and header to let it really breath...Hence I need to get on this tuning so I can make the beast run. LOL

Could someone post a screen shot of the modified CL, CLL map tab on here?
    Ive managed to manipulate them and I want to set something up like Neomac is saying...CL 2200-300 TPS 25-50. So I would set both the CL and CLL mode to that window?
    Also what would be the max suggested variance between correlating cells?

Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by ich View Post
    many guys have said they tune their bikes to 14.0 afr instead of 14.7 (Stoich)

that is just bull**** from internet "experts".

because

will the o2 sensor always try to target 14.7 afr in closed loop no matter what?

yes.

but if you tune to 14.0 afr by adjusting the afr tables

there are no afr tables.

Guys,
    What sense does the race map loading have, if ECM not allow to increase / decrease fuel values accordance with race map? If i understood correctly, in closed loop mode ECM always want to achieve AFR 14,7 by using O2 sensor and changing AFV over or lower than 100%. People loads race maps to their ECM and talks about performance improvement. How it is possible?
    Last edited by lukasz; 07-18-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Your question has answers, but the first steps towards those answers is to define what a person means by "race map"? What was this race map's origin, for what purpose was it created, and how exactly was it made?

You can set the AFR target values to whatever you want.

No, you can't

Check out Mega Log Viewer. Once you select ve bin 1 or 2, In ve analyze you can set the AFR target values to however rich or lean you want the bike to be.

I'd post a screenshot but photobucket is greedy

Ah, yes, tuning wise you can target anything, but you can't change what the ECM is targeting, besides changing target O2 voltages.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyXB View Post
    Your question has answers, but the first steps towards those answers is to define what a person means by "race map"? What was this race map's origin, for what purpose was it created, and how exactly was it made?
    So, i have 2007 XB12 with K&N filter, Sebring exhaust and till now stock map. Some people buying race ECM and others loading race map (the same map which is in race ECM) to their stock ECM - as i read in couple threads final effect is the same. My main question is, what gives me race map with different fuel and timing values if ECM always want to achieve AFR 14,7 and will change fuel values based on data from o2 sensor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast