Thread: XBS - removing hids..

New owner of a XB9SX, previously only owned tube s-1's gotta say I absolutely love this bike, but down to my problem. The previous owner poorly installed HID's and tried to put on LED turn signals. I want to remove the HID's and put the lamp system back stock, at the same time I have to fix the turn signals.

I am looking for diagrams and pictures for the connections under the wind screen, I tried searching but didnt come up with much. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think the OE connectors are still there and I will have to find original lamps? never worked with HID's before.

Usually, the HID ballast will plug into the stock connectors. The HID bulbs will run their own connector to the ballast as well - this is a high voltage line. As long as the PO did not cut the original connectors, you will be fine. Just connect the stock bulbs to the original connectors.

The p.o. did not cut the original connectors looks like he filed them down some to fit into the ballast so I guess ill just need to get a pair of stock bulbs. A second question is there is a manilla socket under the wind screen with nothing plugged in this is a xbsx city model I assume a modulator (daytime flasher) was in that socket will the lamp system work without it? And finally the high beam flash button does not function at this time possibly just because of the HID system

The little socket between the head lamps is for a ”parking light".