Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tires....asking opinions!

im looking at the mich pilot road 4 or the pirelli angel street

what do you guys think
    ?

Dunlop Q3 here, LOVE THEM...

Tried a few brands and Michelin's are what I prefer to put on my bike.

I love my Conti Sport Attack 2's.

I have a Michelin road on my front right now that came with the bike when I got it, Its not as sticky as my Pilot Power rear.. Im replacing it soon. Every now and then when Im pushing it pretty hard in a turn I will feel that front end slide a bit.. the Road is a pretty good high mileage tire but don't expect Pilot Power levels of adhesion..Riding those in the rain kind of bothers me too... I know Im not getting the best traction and it makes me kind of ride in a state of uneasiness ..

Had a set of Metzler M3's on my bike when I bought it. Seemed pretty good, so I moved up to the M5's when the old set wore down. Even better.

Dunlop Q3 here, LOVE THEM...

it really depends on how you ride and the feel you like.tire profile is a big factor in how the bike feels and handles.some riders may love one tire and hate another because of the profile,one isnt really better than the other it just feels better to that rider.i recommend doing some research

http://canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/tires.php

Tire profiles are a huge part of how the tire feels to the rider. As I mentioned before, some tires will have a very pointy profile. This makes the bike feel very willing to lean and gives the rider the sensation of a very quick turn-in . Pointy profiles give the largest contact patch while leaned over. However, pointy profiles make the bike feel skittish and unstable when going straight. Some riders don't like the sensation of a bike that falls into corners.

Other tires have a very round profile. This helps the bike feel much more stable while going straight but doesn't give the bike that flickable feel that pointy profiles have. A round profile, however, allows the rider to set a line in a corner and have that line stay consistent. Once your line is set in, the bike will track predictably along that line (until the rider decides to change it). They provide a very neutral feel. Some riders complain that round tires make the bike feel sluggish and reluctant to turn. Finding what is best for you depends on your riding style, riding ability and personal preference. Remember, that as a tire wears, specifically in the center, your profile is altered and the design of the tire is compromised.

Angels suck. Dunlop Q3's

Was running the Q2's but will go to the Q3's when these burn up.

Had Metzler M1's when i got the bike and liked them. great for in the rain. My dad runs metzler's on his valkyrie and loves them. running M3's now. still like them. everyone has there preferance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast