Thread: Advice on an '09 Uly XT

Looking at an '09 Uly XT w/30,000miles.

The bike looks mint. No major scratches, dings, etc. Beautiful, really. Should I be scared of 30,000? In the end, I won't know the full history of the bike - coming from a dealer, but a video has it running smoothly, and forks, bearings, seals, etc. have all been gone over. The price is right.

I'm not concerned about resale, because I'm planning on driving it to powder, just questioning the odometer.

Thoughts?

If you don't see any signs of abuse and the price is right, I'd say go for it! I have an 09 Ss with almost 29K and I'm not scared to ride it anywhere of any distance. I doubt I would start off on a 2000 mile trek right off the bat though. lol
    Raz

The only thing that pushes me away from the 08/09 models is that I can't run ECM Spy. I'm not a techno-wiz by any stretch, but was able to easily flash the race map to my 06SS w/K&N & Hawk exhaust. Is it true that I couldn't run BOTH the Hawk AND the K&N for fear of the engine running lean? OR, would I be good to go without a flash?
    -Dan

Dan,
    Try this google search: buellxb 09 ecmspy. If I understand correctly, it can be done using an 09 xb9 ECM. I would definitely not run a Hawk w/K&N without a remap. Just asking for trouble IMO.
    Raz

Inactive
    contact brett. his user ID is lawdog. great guy....extremely knowledgeable and helpful....he'll walk you thru ecmspy download and drivers for 08 and up XB's. some will suggest tunerpro rt for your 09 but for myself with a below average amount of tech-savvy, i found that program very difficult.

@ raz65man & lunaticfringe - thanks for the help. I'll check it out!
    -Dan

Inactive
    my pleasure dan. brett sent me links to download drivers and basic program so that i could run diagnostics and change idle speeds, etc on my 08 and 09 buells. that was all i wanted to really do ecm-speaking. and regarding the uly you mentioned i would say buy it if you're comfortable with the price and its history. you can get a decent feel from amount of ownership and cosmetics if it was reasonably maintained and previously owned by a caring individual who treated it well. i've seen well-maintained and cared for Ulys well over the 50K mile mark that still ran beautifully. regards, john