Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Florida Tuners?

I recently picked up a beautiful XB12s with only 3600 miles on it. Ive opened the airbox to find a stock filter, so I ordered a K&N. Im not seasoned in identifying pipes but I think its a D&D. Ill be rerouting the breathers this evening. I wouldnt know how to tell what ECU it has. Id like to know if there are any reputable tuners in the South Florida area to get me in stoich.

Thanks

If the ECU is a "Race" ECU. It will say "Race" on it:)
    I'm in Stuart, FL and I'm learning ECMSpy right now.

But sorry, I won't touch your bike until I'm fluent, and confident with using it on my own stuff. Be patient and I'll gladly help you out.

Super Moderator
    We do all of our tuning over the internet, which means we've tuned Buells in Italy, Romania, Australia, Thailand, and Russia. 100% satisfaction rate on over 80 Buells now.

Come drop by the website and see if any of it interests you: The Tuniversity.

I have confirmed that it has a D&D pipe... I will be getting my K&N Filter this week.

My question is with the stock restricted box and the new filter, will I need a remap? I was thinking about the air box delete, but Im almost sure that would provide too much air for the ECU to compensate. Im sure the consensus is that a remap is always great. Untill I find a person with the ability to tune my bike, will I run the risk of leaning out and running like crap?

Any input would be great.

Yes. Tune it, or buy a Race ECM.

"or buy a Race ECM"?

Wouldnt that need to be tuned also?

No the race ECM comes tuned for that. They even tune for specific exhaust IE vance and hines, hawk, ebr, and D&D. Plus you get the benefit of they have and update for better cooling with the fan.

Even if you got a erik buell racing ecm that was tuned for the K&N and another specific exhaust, it would still run better than if you didnt have the race ecm.

I havent checked the ECM yet, I glanced over it but didnt notice enough to identify it.
    What do the EBR go for? Im guessing its different than the "race" ECM? What are the differences and the cost differences?

So basically its going to run like **** without a tune? AND...I should wait to even put the aftermarket filter in until I can tune? BUT...in the event that I have a race ECM, I could install it, but the EBR ECM specifically for the DD and KN would be best? Please confirm

Thanks guys, Im on my way

Yes the D&D tune With K&N would be best and really they are the same ecm but you should be able to go to the eric buell racing site and get one new. But sometimes guys have them here and on ebay for sale. race ecm only comes from buell or eric buell. And I would wait until you get the ecm or a tune.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast