Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: xb12xt D&D exhaust = lost horsepower?

In theory, if done by a competent tuner, it should be roughly the same, probably a little more. The EBR unit is tuned for their test bike at their facility, if you have it tuned where you live, you may get a little more power. Doesn't always work out that way though. You really need a baseline to know where you started at, compared to where you end up. If you just throw the pipe on there and start tuning away, you'll never really know how much you gained or lost.

Yea I just order the pre-programmed unit I talked to a guy there and he said i should gain about 2hp back. I'm just a bit disapointed to see the jardine alot cheaper and only 1db quieter gain 5 hp over stock and 200 bucks more seeing mine 12hp less than a jardine. 96 hp stock d&d leaving me at 90hp and a jardine putting a 96hp stocker at about 102hp.

I'm just looking for good riding gear now. I ordered some metal mulisha riding pants and jersey stuff off ebay, but saw it talked about padding and there's no padding just their rubber logo by the knee area, actually above the knees leaving me unprotected. So looking for riding pants to match the jacket I already have thats padded. Can't seem to find any though or do a proper search :( lol
    thanks guys.

I think my '09 XT with stock ECM and exhaust is supposed to crank out 103 bHP. Sounds to me as if all the add ons buy you is more noise. And I may be missing something obvious but what's with the complaints about the interactive exhaust? That little trick means the engine will have the backpressure to pull max torque in the low to mid rpm band and still open up for high rpm output when you need it.

The 103 hp is not measured at the wheel. Stock XB12 models will only see ~85hp at the rear wheel, ~90hp if the dyno is very optimistic.

Sorry did not mean to high jack thread. Please excuse me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123