Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xb12xt D&D exhaust = lost horsepower?

The second video is before the EBR

Have a 2009 xt with K&N, stock exhaust. What if anything would I gain by changing to EBR ecm ? My only complaints with stock, it that it seems to be on the lean side. Not sure if this is due to the K & N, since it was installed when I bought the bike used.

Have a 2009 xt with K&N, stock exhaust. What if anything would I gain by changing to EBR ecm ? My only complaints with stock, it that it seems to be on the lean side. Not sure if this is due to the K & N, since it was installed when I bought the bike used.
    The main thing you would gain from the EBR ECM in your case would be the newer cooling fan programming if the 09's didnt already have that not sure. But i also think a HD might be able to flash that to the bikes that didnt come with it.
    $300 is alot of money to spend on a bike that runs fine. The main reason i purchased my EBR ECM was my stock ECM failed, and since they're basically the same $ as stock i figure what the hell, throw on a K&N with my D&D (which i already had) and maybe ill gain something out of my $300+

Im sorry the first video is before ebr I didnt post in that order?

Better?

If the question was directed to me dean yes EBR ECM made the bike even better, but I took the TFI off the bike after I got the EBR ecm and I could tell their was a huge loss, so I put it back on. When I crack the throttle on my baby she cracks fear into the asphalt! :p

The main thing you would gain from the EBR ECM in your case would be the newer cooling fan programming if the 09's didnt already have that not sure
    I added the comfort kit, but didn't re-flash. Still on the fence with that. My fan never runs very long after shut down, so really not a problem. Now if the flash provide better cooling I would have it done, but I was under the impression that new logic was done because folks were complaining about the noise. I guess I need to look into that a bit more.
    Thks for the reply
    Steve

That's the ecm I was going to order tonight. So if its preloaded by ebr, what all will i gain by having it dyno tuned? Thats why i was confused cuz i know about the ebr preloaded one, so the preloaded ecm can be tuned by a dyno or does it have to be the full race ecm?

If you're going to get it dyno tuned, just use the stock ecm. If you want to save time and not mess with it at all, get the EBR unit.

What will I prosper for most? Roughly how much more power do you think I will get from a dyno tune vs a pre-programmed ecm?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast