Thread: Buell Blast seat replacement

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and also a new buell blast owner. I own a 2008 blast currently 100% stock. I can't wait to mod and customize it. I don't know too much about motorcycles but I understand this is a great bike to start with.

I have made some additional purchases already to sorta get the look I want from the bike. I purchased a clubman handlebar as well as bar end mirrors and a performance spark plug. I'm starting small now but then will get to swapping the air box and purchasing a new exhaust.

To get to the point, my biggest obstacle is the seat position. I would still love to keep the bike a two seater but give it the "streetfighter" look. I visited a forum were someone replaced the blast seat with one from a buell XB9R. Now I'm hesitant to just buy one because I'm not familiar with the sizes being compatible. I love the look it gives and the picture I found gives the look of exactly what I want from the blast.

This will more than likely be one of the last things I will attempt to do on the bike amongst rear lighting with the new seat. I'm road mapping everything out that I would like to do to make this as easy as possible.

Any feedback would be great fellas! Thanks for reading!

You will either have to fabricate mounting, or build your own sub-frame.
    EZ

Dang. I just love the style it brings to the blast. The main thing it to keep it two seater a such as possible. I'll have to look into something else. I don't feel too exactly confident that I can fab my own mount.

I visited a forum were someone replaced the blast seat with one from a buell XB9R.
    That was me.
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=6844

Lots of fabrication was required.

Holy crap that's the bike! Lol I'm suuuuuper jealous because I'm not a welder nor do I know any one who is. Ideas are pouring in and the creativity is there but I'm lacking the talent and tools to make it all happen.