Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawk exhaust on buell blast

Hi I'm wondering if a Hawk exhaust will fit on a 2008 buell blast. I understand he exclusively makes them for a couple of other buells. I wanted to ask here if anyone has done it or found out? I hear how great the exhaust is and would be excited to have one on my blast. Thanks.

NO.

I will explain a little beyond his NO. The blast has a smaller header that also meets the exhaust ata different angle add well as there isn't enough clearance and the rear exhaust Mount is different because the blasts kick stand is mounted where the xb rear Mount is

Got it. Thank you. Shame cause I fell in love with them the moment I heard about them. My next choice will be the jardine.

Ive have a vance and hines and really liked it. The hawk wont even sounds the same on the blast because its a single cylinder

Makes sense now. I'm seeing about $300-$350 for jardine and around $275 for V&H. Would the jardine really be worth the slight difference in price. I want to make the right decision for a deep sound and overall performance.

Performance really won't matter between them with the blast. Watch YouTube videos for sound comparison

Yes - use the stock lower front mounting hardware - not what Jardine suplies. The bends in the V&H are too severe and put a definite ceiling on any performance modifications besides the addition of the exhaust itself. - do not forget to rejet and shim the needle.

EZ

Thanks for replying EZ. I read in another thread you were involved in that I will need "a 45 slow/pilot jet and a 170 main then get 2 #4 washers and shim the needle - turn air-screw 2 2/3 out." Is this a relatively easy install? And since I'm dumping the air box to use an elbow tube with air filter attachment straight on the carb, these mods won't effect anything negatively? Or I should ask I won't need to do any other mods to the carb once the rejet is done?

Crap, I used to have a picture of an exhaust on Blast I had never seen before, it was a twin can with skid plate that Bubba Blackwell had on his Blast, that thing sounded sweet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast