Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oil, mobil 1 vtwin vs mobil1 vtwin super syn

We're not professional welder's or professional exhaust builder's but I think we did a pretty damn nice job all things considering :). 100% stainless steel, reused factory hangers, no check engine light. Can't complain. And sounds good.

Ok....sorry....back on topic...penzoil sucks ass....

Haha sorry I got you all bum hurt about my past experiences and opinions.
    But here's another opinion that actually may come close to your actual question I say opinion cause i dont know the real answer but I would say that the super syn has different or more additives in it and if it talks about big displacement twins. Maybe they cater more for those types of motors like yours. And if the other one doesn't mention anything like that I personally would go for the more your bike specific oil.
    Aaaand I have a 2011 5.7. Could I do that as well to read codes?

John, my bum is just fine :D

In seriousness though, why don't you explain what all these "bad" additives are that the "other" oil manufacturers are using?

You can do whatever you want, it's your truck. I'm not one to "brag" about how "fast" my 5000lb quad cab truck is, but I'd like to put my 287cid ram up to a race against your "hemi" ;)

And FWIW, I'll be using amsoil for a long while in my buell just because I bought cases of it. But I'll have no problem going to mobil one, harley(screaming eagle?), or wtf other brand there is as long as it does the job. For ****s' sake the owner's manual even says diesel or vegetable oil ore some **** is OK in a pinch in our engines ;).

John you should be able to yes, it takes a few times of doing it to figure it out and get it to work. I in fact work at Exhaust Pros and I love the magna flows :D.. Flow Master, Magna Flow, Glass Packs, Aero-Turbine all good stuff and oh yea straight pipes :)

[img]file:///C:/Users/Craig%20Kozak/Desktop/sensor.jpg[/img]

cant figure out how to post a pic :(

I still didn't get a direct answer if the supersyn is the same as the original or if its totally different oil
    According the vague description on the 1/2 empty jug of Mobil1 0w40 "SuperSyn" out in my garage, it's some sort of "anti wear system" they blend in with their regular synthetic to resist "...breaking down under extreme stress at high-temperature...". That doesn't particularly impress me. Mobil SuperSyn was obviously the brand that was on sale when I bought it...

According the vague description on the 1/2 empty jug of Mobil1 0w40 "SuperSyn" out in my garage, it's some sort of "anti wear system" they blend in with their regular synthetic to resist "...breaking down under extreme stress at high-temperature...". That doesn't particularly impress me. Mobil SuperSyn was obviously the brand that was on sale when I bought it...

I agree with you. I went to mobil's website and it doesn't say anything about it, it just shows the old style container. So I'm stuck with 8 qts of "old school" and want to learn about the new stuff haha

Haha why do you want to race me snrusnak? I mean sure I will. But why haha if you have a turbo or something is love to see it I want to put a small one on mine but doubt I'll ever get to that project. All i have is magnaflow cat back and k&n intake. Good mods. Awesome fuel economy and love the noise.

Article

Here is an article. I first heard of it from my friend who is going to a tech school for mechanics. When we lived together I would always make him go other everything with me and I'd help him with his **** just cause I want all the info I can get about anything motors or cars or bikes. Or anything interesting really. But anyways that's when I started looking into it all. That's another thing I hate. Starting my motor cold haha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast