Thread: cali sandblasting

hey has anyone had there frames and or parts sandblasted and or powdercoated here in cali for a fair price? i have called around and gotten some pretty outrageous quotes from local shops just for sandblasting/chemical stripping the frame and swing arm for my blast. if anyone has info on a fair priced place please let me know because im not liking what im finding

I'm about to invest in all the basic stuff to do it myself because I can do that for what it would cost to powder coat a frame and one set of rims.

i thought about it but would rather leave the mess to someone else i dont really have a place i can do it in

Just a thought, good luck finding a reasonable place. Sometimes you can find a place that is doing a run of a certain color and you can have yours thrown in at that color pretty cheap but not always

Just be aware that places that don't usually do show stuff... may not have perfect finish. If that matters to you.

My brother found a shop that usually did industrial stuff, and had his jeep bumpers/sliders done. They look good, but have fish-eyes and aren't really as glossy as "gloss" should be. Get what you pay for. He fine with it... it's a jeep.

<we're in tx, not cali>

Are you in northern or southern?
    There are two sandblasting places that I use one in Martinez the other in Oakley they both are pretty cheap, but I give them both repeat business and only pay cash.
    The last complet bike I had done was frame, rims, triples, stay, pegs and rear pod and other mis parts........and it cost me $120

Now I don't really like to recommend powdercoaters but there are three different ones I use, one in Pittsburg which is bye far the cheapest $300...........but if you use him you want to have all of your parts ready so they can be done at the same time. And if there is a impurity have him redo everything over....trust me if you don't the color will not match.
    There is a place in walnut creek that is pretty solid but the guy is kinda a d-ck and will get to your parts when he gets to it, so it might take a month to get done.
    The last place is in Livermore they cost the most but stay on schedule and don't really give any discounts