Thread: flashing the ECM in San Diego

Hi, I have a 09 uly xbx, just did the comfort kit mod and did not flash ECM, now having intermittent cylinder missing and ruff idle-reeving up and down, thinking my first step is to flash the ECM, any input would be appreciated.

Looking for a good shop in San Diego to have ECM flashed and maybe a diagnostic ran and I will NOT go to Harley of San Diego, thanks for any recommendations.

I have my issues with SD Harley but they are the only dealer in the County that still has qualified tech support so you might have to go there. I have the comfort kit installed and just had them replace the ECM. It wasn't cheap but they took care of it and the bike runs fine.

There's a Buell XB12R owner who works for Moreland Choppers in Solana Beach that I've used for a fork rebuild and rear bearing replacement on the recommendation of Al at Americansportbike.com. I don't know if he's had any factory training with reflashing the ECM but you might check with Al first. There's a place where you can post a message on his web site and he's pretty good at getting back to you in a couple of days.

Good luck, and let us hear how it works out.

Steve

the comfort kit for the Uly is the header heat shield, right side scoop and the other shield that goes under the seat, correct?

how would this affect the ecm when the shroud/scoop is meant to channel air to the rear cylinder?

did you have the issue before installing the kit?

you may wanna read the codes before moving onto anything else to find what may be causing the issue first...

update: brought it in to Sweetwater Harley. they noted a clearance issue between seat and ecm, and that the ecm connector may be coming apart. they also recommend a power-loss diagnostic. I had it miss once on way back from shop(10 miles) and tried to duplicate the missing by giggling the connections...with no luck. will ride a few more days to see if it continues.
    Are all Buell ecms for xb12 the same? Is replacing the unit the next step if the missing continues?

look at your spark plug wires to coil connections...found the forward one wasn't connected properly and had missing issues, haven't had the missing issues since.

Update: after much searching, I have fixed the intermittent miss I was having with my Uly, It was the Crank Position Sensor, Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.