Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat Cowl Help

I have a carbon fiber seat cowl for my 2009 XB9SX and am having trouble with it. ASB Part #A9028, A9028F. It has already been trimmed to fit the seat(Low Seat) and I can not get the seat to latch. I need the seat to go forward and down almost an inch to do so. It's already a pain to get it to latch without the seat cowl. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

is your tool pouch on top of the battery where the seat clip goes into the opening above the rear suspension? may be in the way possibly, can you post pics of the set up

Reach your hand under and see if you front seat latch is going in the proper hole it is spost to slide into and hold. Sounds like you may just have of misaligned it or you need to just push it down to lock it Into position. I know on my bike I always push the seat from the passenger seat from the rear to latch it. So i dont know how hard you can press on the cowl. And could you post a picture of that ASB cowl. I REALLY want one!

Put the seat on first and then slide the cowl on

When I got my cowl, it wouldn't go on either. I cut the cowl mounting brackets off where it mounts the seat strap screws. That left just rim where it hold on. I was worried at first about it blowing off. But it fit tight enough. It not going anywhere. Maybe yours will fit the same way.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Ok, so here is the ASB seat cowl all the way on with all the seat hooks latched and the rear latch unable to lock. The attaching tabs have been removed and I made sure everything was latched in place before I installed the cowl so it's not quite as bad as I mentioned before. This is the seat fully latched. and it sits slightly down into the fender eliminator. My last seat rested on top of the fender eliminator when locked.Seat is all the way forward as far as it can go.It is latched in front as well as the two hooks on the sides.And here is the aft latch that I just can't seem to engage. I know it looks high because I'm pulling it up to get a picture. Is there any way to raise the latch to make this work? I'm guessing all I need is a quarter inch or so.

If you can't get it to work, I'll buy it from you...

don't you push it hard in a downward forward angle...?

do you have sub frame spacers installed? tail looks high in the pic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast