Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 XB9SX Super Part Out (MARCH 2014 UPDATE)

My beloved 2005 XB9SX (~18K) is up for a complete part-out. I love this bike, but I'm getting a more wife-friendly bike this year. The only things wrong with the bike are (1) the fuel pump needs to have one of its wires re-insulated (or you can replace the whole pump), (2) one of the rear header studs needs to be either drilled out or removed with an EDM, and (3) the fuel line clip broke when removing it. I have the replacement stud, and have already replaced the other 3 while doing other maintenance including wrapping the headers and replacing the rocker cover seals. But alas, it makes no sense to spend $1,500 putting this back together (new pipe, fixing rear stud, new fuel pump, new belt, new fuel line, and completely re-assembling everything) when I'd sell it the moment it was ridable. My loss is your luck!

High resolution images (152 in all) can be found here. Please reference the image name when you contact me for dibs. I had a similar post here when I was considering parting this out last November. If you posted dibs in the comments there, I'll do my best to give you dibs—just mention/reference your previous dibs.

Some Notes:
    *The bike is in Chicago-land. I'll meet people if its convenient in Chicago or Northwest Indiana.
    *The Jardin exhaust is not for sale... the packing fell out and it has a crack
    *I'd ideally like to sell the engine and trans as one unit
    *Preference goes to people buying whole parts in sets—the less dis-assembly I have to do, the better.
    *The tires are new Dunlops with less than 500mi
    *I have 2 ECMs (1 is race-programmed, I have to USB-ECM cable)
    *I have the OEM mirrors (the ones pictured are after-market)
    *I have a spare set of race tires, one of them was patched professionally (they have tons of tread left)
    *This has an installed and working HID kit with custom relays (I was an auto-alarm/electrical technician in a past life - everything is heat shrunk)
    *Yes, bags are for sale also. I actually have two complete sets. The second, nicer set was a more recent purchase.
    *I also have the gas-mask for the gask-mask mod (I was going to do it this winter)
    *I also have a black translucent touring windscreen
    *There's a K&N filter and open filter mod
    *It has a crank-case breather mod with catch-can
    *PCV breathers and gromets are new
    *Rocker box gaskets are new (hey -- the engine was rotated, you might as well)
    *I have new premium plugs for it

You can PM me, but you can email me at reachrobert@gmail.com with subject "Buell Parts" for a faster response.

Update: I'm assembling a list of the parts, who called dibs on this or the other post, and the dates of those dibs on this Google document. I should be done by tomorrow (there's a lot of pms). I'll keep the list timestamped so you all know when it was last updated...

Dibs on the tail dibs!

Can i get dibs on both sides of the headlight modules!!?

The dibs sheet is current. I'll be respecting dibs in the following order: (1) by date of dibs, oldest gets first; (2) price; (3) local pickup; and (4) lack of further disassembly needed.

Update: I've updated everyone who put in dibs from the the previous post. I'm going to give them 2 days (48 hours) to get back to me and then I'm giving prices to anyone who's put dibs on this post (so keep those dibs coming!)

Im confused... why would you rip apart a perfectly assembled bike to part it out when it doesnt have that much work to be done to it? You risk having a good bit of left over parts and ruin a complete bike.

I see you have it torn apart in the pictures.

TL;DR, why not sell whole?

Do you have the wheel for sale?

The bike isn't together. It's in parts. He said he doesn't want to spend the money to fix it and put it together just to sell it

Where are you located (NW side of Chicago here) ? Dibs on the Dunlop tires, and pass foot peg and foot peg holders, and the gas mask Thanks

@Sky56, you may be first to recognize those Dunlops are pretty much brand new and ask for those without the rims. @buellxb9rs, thanks for clarifying @Loki's comment. Why on Earth would I spend $1500 in parts and labor to get this to an estimated value of $3500, leaving me only $2000 net—when I could not spend that $1500, and part this out to all my fellow Buell fans when there's a parts shortage on a lot of these?

@sky56 I work in Chicago and live in Crown Point, IN. Local-pickups are very attractive to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast