Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting weekend

Do you have a ECM cable to hook up to the bike?
    I have indeed! Made my own, installed Tunerpro, but haven't really had time to work through the programme.
    I know the cable works though!

Any help would be great, thanx!

Got header fixed yesterday.

The damage:

The solution:

The result:

To give some closure to this thread. He had a cable and I walked him through how to turn off the valve and error checking for the valve. You can pull the wiring, cable, and servo as it is no longer being used.
    Take care,
    Brett

Yip, indeed! Thanx Bret!

For the time and patience!

Bike is getting serviced next weekend, so then I'll do the valve disabling and cable removal.
    Thanx for everybody's help on the forum!

I noticed recently on my d&d which i only had running for about 15 mins that there's a little black soon on my header pipe which would suggest its leaking a tiny bit. The clamp is tight to. Do you guys use a sealer ever? When I used to race quads I ran Monster True Duals. We would use red silicone at the joints where the exhaust slid over one another. Was curious if that would work on the buell's? Its properly seated in depth and bolted up as well right.

You can put high temp silicone in there. I've seen it on factory pipes and occasionally on aftermarket. EBR tuned the RT-3 with the leaks. It's a very small amount, so it doesn't affect performance any.

looks like a metal fatigue break to me, but you have to understand ONCE you have a leak that starts,, it leaks air IN as well as exhaust OUT, when fresh air is sucked INTO a exhaust system it cooks the living crap out of the metal..

Fresh O2, (oxygen) natures best flammable accelerant, Ever use a Oxy/Acetylene torch? Same deal, the Acetylene burns rich with thick oily smoke and a dull yellow flame, how do you get it hot? Simple, add Oxygen in small amounts, the flame burns over a 1000 deg F hotter and forms a light clear blue flame that can melt steel like butter, How to cut metal? simple,, Add MORE Oxygen with the trigger on the side of the cutting torch, now metal melts like soft margarine on a hot Texas Afternoon.

So exhaust leaks will do that, which is why you gotta keep up on your system, same thing for your valves if you get a leaky exhaust gasket.

So, and finally, My rant about header and pipe wraps, thats what your bikes exhaust will look like under that wrap if you use it, lots of vibration and sustained high amounts of heat will cook the hell out of Mild Steel,, will not happen with a ceramic metal coating on your exhaust, the heat never reaches the metal. Or Buy high end Stainless or Titanium which is whats used in Aircraft jet exhausts. Inconel, 17-4 or other materials but you would have a $5,000 exhaust system then, so make do with what you got.

Yea on my 700 raptor i had pop on decel and it was due to a few small leaks after I sealed them up it went away. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12