, answer, misunderstood, effect, notice, sound, pulls, torque, reset, expected, filter, installed, harder, twist, changed, speed, buell, gears, throttle, drove, highway" /> Buell Race Kit not what I expected
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buell Race Kit not what I expected

just got my race air filter and race ecm installed with a tps reset. I already have a Jardine muffler on it. the only difference I notice now is the sound and the torque. the bike really pulls a lot harder when I twist the throttle in all gears. I drove it on the highway right over 3000 rpms for a while then really hit it to see if I got the speed that I lost when I changed from stock muffler to Jardine muffler. I noticed that i go almost just as fast in 4th gear as I do in 5th now. maybe about a 10mph difference. It still doesnt ride the way it did when I had the stock muffler, should I get a Dyno tune now or will that have no effect?? maybe I misunderstood what the race kit would do for my bike.
    I tried searching through the race kit forums but could find my answer

i have the chip, air box delete and the buell race muffler and am not totally impressed either. i have been unable to find anyone to tune it. everyone says that it is already tuned as get as it is gonna get. i feel your pain.

a race kit doesn't add top speed, it just gets you there faster and smoother.

I've got the same set-up as 1sexybuell. Ever since I have put on the race ecm I have had a hell of a time trying to get the bike to run right. The dealership said that the Jardine is a pretty good match for the race kit, but i'm not impressed. This week I'm planning on doing a little tweaking with ECMspy and hopefully things will smooth out.

Thanks LeFox, so does that mean that I shouldnt expect any modifications to get me back to the same top speed as the stock muffler had? thats all I really wanted, same speed as stock but a little more hp to get me there faster.

Thanks LeFox, so does that mean that I shouldnt expect any modifications to get me back to the same top speed as the stock muffler had? thats all I really wanted, same speed as stock but a little more hp to get me there faster.
    not with a totally open exhaust, no.

The dealership said that the Jardine is a pretty good match for the race kit, but i'm not impressed.
    your dealer is correct...my 1st setup was jardine with race ecm and i was satisfied with the result.
    about 107nm & 90hp @ wheel.

been trying to tell everyone this for years lot of money for little to no gain and most cases a loss on the street

I GOT THE RACE ECM AND JARDINE PIPE AND I'M HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. BUT THEN AGAIN I'M NOT OUT FOR TOP SPEED. I JUST LOVE TO RIDE.

I love to ride as well,I dont really care much for top speed, I was fine with the stock speed, I just dont like how now my engine revs a lil higher in the RPMS when im on the highway a lot more than it did when my bike was stock. I only got the muffler for the sound and since I changed the performance of my bike by buying a Jardine exhaust, I figured I might as well buy the rest of the race kit. but now I know whats going on thanks to you guys and I can pass the knowledge on to anyone else who may have the same question

Hey guys I keep read that you all are using a jardine. Does anybody know if D+D exhaust is going to do the same? I talked to Dave one of the owners of D+D, he said I may not need anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast