, answer, misunderstood, effect, notice, sound, pulls, torque, reset, expected, filter, installed, harder, twist, changed, speed, buell, gears, throttle, drove, highway" /> Buell Race Kit not what I expected - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buell Race Kit not what I expected

Hey guys I keep read that you all are using a jardine. Does anybody know if D+D exhaust is going to do the same? I talked to Dave one of the owners of D+D, he said I may not need anything.
    does what?

What do i need to do after the d+d? i was planning to get the ecm, but you all are not getting the results that you wanted. maybe i should keep the stock exhaust.

What do i need to do after the d+d? i was planning to get the ecm, but you all are not getting the results that you wanted.
    What year is your Buell? If you were planning to get the race ECM, it's not perfect for all aftermarket exhausts. It was actually programmed to match the Buell Race kit which included the Race Can.

The best option that is just as cheap and actually better is to get a custom map. Xoptiinside.com or Americansportbike.com can both hook you up.

08' its in the shop. i laid it down (still riding it) a year ago. i havent had time to get it fixed until i left to do hurricane ike diseaster clean up. im getting up grade the exhaust to d+d while its in there.

Twisted, if you're putting on a D&D, you'll want to complement it with a higher flowing intake (K&N filter, open airbox) and race ECM to richen up the fuel map in places. That would be a good start. It'll run just a tad on the lean side, but not enough to harm anything. To get the most from any exhaust/intake mods, you'll want to work with someone to tweak your fuel and timing maps (search for ECMSPY, DirectLink).

Hopefully, you already know that the D&D sacrifices a little on the bottom and top end for zippy midrange performance. Just wanted to make sure you weren't surprised.

Actually with an '08, you have the newer "learning" ECM. It will compensate for the pipe upgrade alone, but the pipe & intake upgrade would have you running pretty lean. If you do the intake/exhaust upgrade, you'd need to get your ECM re-mapped with a custom map.

Besides that, the Race ECM you'd have to get because of your year model; you can't purchase unless you have a Racing license.

I purchased my race ECM without a racing license on EBay and I had to go to a Harley Dealer in PA to get it installed becuase the Harley Dealer in NJ wouldnt install it for me without the license

So. Based on what I am reading. If I want to get a pipe with a little more grit in the sound department then it might be better and easier for me (2007 XB12S) to JUST get the pipe and leave the airbox and ECM alone (I already have the K&N). I am just not sure I have anyone I trust to map it properly. Would I be ok NOT messing with ECM if I get a new pipe and have the K&N?

i did not want to change the preformence any. i love it is just the way it was. i dont trust anybody on the road, i drive a commercial truck for a living and nobody seems to see it. so i on my bike i can avoid the people i just needed more noise to be heard( or piss them off while their on the phone:p).

I didnt want to change the performance either... but I did want to change the sound of my bike. wanted to be heard, wanted to turn heads but since I got the Jardine muffler and lost what I had with my stock muffler I figured I might as well go ahead and get the whole race kit :o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast