Thread: Aftermarket Header Mounting Troubles

Hey guys I recently purchased a force system for my bike and decided id use the screamin eagle exhaust gaskets. They are much thinner than the OEM crush style gaskets and from what ive read on the web, they are apparently much more user friendly. So i install the SE gaskets, mount the rear header section of the system, slip on the big main collector part, but when i go to install the elbow for the front header it will not seat on the exhaust port. I tried everything imaginable and could not get the damn thing to seat in the front exhaust port. It was always a couple millimeters out from touching the gasket and kept touching that engine mount that also mounts a right side scoop. Are there any force users on here that could shoot some advice me way? Which style gasket do you use? Any help would me much appreciated! I wanna ride this beast!:D

This is the system im using:

maybe this is a dumb answer, but have you considered mocking it all up without gaskets? perhaps it has nothing to do with gaskets, its a pipe problem.?? Try it that way,, then......

I was reading some tips and tricks on another site about mounting exhausts on a tuber, the suggestion is to mount up everything LOOSELY, then go back and start snugging each part down, then snug each one again, and then tighten,, In sequence, front to back, or back to front, but start with everything loose, if you HARD mount one area, you can tweak the other sections and put stress and strain on it and thats when you see breakages, cracking and broken exhaust studs and mounts. It all stands to reason,, especially with the motor heating and cooling plus vibrating like crazy which these things all do. Play around with it a bit and check this idea out. Let us know how it goes, Looking fwd to seeing this completed and on your bike. :)

Worked for me on the factory exhaust. And it's how I'm going to do my Force exhaust.

It was indeed the gaskets! Bought thicker ones and she bolted up fine! Will post pics and a vid as soon as i can. She sounds mean;)

cool, looking fwd to it, good to hear, you know what they say in construction, if you are off by a 1/6th of an inch at the start, it grows to a foot at the other end. Weird how just a little bit can make it off that much, but good you got it sorted,.

^lol I'm in construction and if someone says "1/16th inch" we smack them. Our tapes only go down to 1/8ths lol.

okay,,, visibly smacked * I used to work for a company that built a cad/cam driven steel stud machine. You design your building and then put the stick with the program on it into the machine and it spits out all the pieces in 2x4 or 2x6, labeled and with all the conduit, plumbing and AV holes already punched and the screw holes in place.
    Plus it was all stamped for engineering/code so could be used for Joists and rafters as well.

The materials could be ramped up faster than one person could catch the pieces coming off the machine..

When we built and process engineered them WE always used digital calipers and mics and joked we measure to the 4th decimal points for customers who measure with tape measures

im just screwing with you. I work for a commercial masonry contractor and the block can vary by more than 1/16th just from production lol.