Thread: Buell X1 Project (Raging Bull)

So I picked up a 99 x1 a few weeks back and I am finally able to get some decent pics of the bikes progress. Ive owned a 01 m2 cyclone and an 07 xb12ss and they were fast, in a buell kind of way. This x1 has had some top end work done (previous owner is supposed to mail me the documentation of what was done) and has been properly tuned to the intake and full exhaust. The owner had a dyno sheet showing 103 rwhp and man this bike just rocks!! It seems to struggle more with low end power but after 3500 rpm it wants to rip out of your hands.

Bike Before:

Now onto the pics and updates. So far I have plasti dipped it red to see if I would like it, put an oem front fairing, new mirrors, chopped the rear hugger, new tail light and took off alot of the random carbon fiber decals. Still looking to paint the subframe black and build a custom headlight.

After pics:

Mod edit: fixed your pictures.

Pics don't seem to be working. Would love to see what it is. Thanks

Thanks for editing the pics. was it the wrong format or were they too big?

Cool

Looks good although I personally like the silver version better.

One thing I never liked about the x1 is that the subframe never matched the rest of the bike (unless it's silver).

I bet it would really tie it all together if you painted the subframe and belly pan red too.

@ Alien - I considered doing the belly pan red but since I used plasti dip as a temporary solution, I didn't think it would last very long with the rock chips from the wheel. Eventually I would like to get it don't professionally with the belly pan. Painting the subframe black to match the frame is also in the works.

So I took a stab at making a front fairing this weekend out of plexiglass to see if I liked the look and fit. If it grows on me then I might make a new one out of some thicker plexiglass. Let me know what you think.

So here is an update on the bike. I got a vrod headlight, made a custom gauge dashboard, flyscreen, painted subframe black, new led strip tail light, breather routed using asb kit and custom catch can.

Beautiful!!! Nice carbon accents as well!!