Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestions?

I'm looking for some more power out of my Buell xb9r, just got a Jardine slip on because of the American sport bike XB shootout. I was also wondering what kind of ECM to get, the Buell after market one, or the techlusion one? any ideas please post them.

actually, i decided that this is a stupid post, and if i had wanted a faster bike i would have gotten a 12. but thanks anyway

dont think the point is going faster..because it wont but you can make it a lot quicker from 0 to 135. or 70 to 90 mph.....bump the compression up...that will do more for you than any ecm or bolt on crap...it a harley shave the head and hold on

yes zombie that was in the final plan

and what should i get, because i have to choose between these two, the tfi controller, or the buell race ecm. im not really sure what the difference is, but i would appreciate any help.

The Buell race ECU is real good, as is the Direct Link software to remap your existing ECU. If you're simply looking for easy bolt-on horsepower and torque improvements, buy the Buell ECU and K&N air filter to complement your Jardine pipe. Use a good quality premium fuel to minimize detonation. Don't overlook a premium grade oil like Royal Purple or equivalent synthetic, as much horsepower can be absorbed by friction.

thanks, i still dont know what the other one does, could someone help me out?

jgxb9r - "i still dont know what the other one does" -- The Techlusion, Power Commander, Vance & Hines, or any other aftermarket recalibration kit simply modifies the existing fuel and/or ignition signal for better performance. The Direct Link allows modifications to the existing ECU as many times as you like. The aftermarket products series in the circuit -- disconnect original connector & insert the aftermarket "inline" with the existing ECU. It receives the "stock" commands to the injectors and "enhances" it before delivering to the injector. The Buell ECU is an ECU that has a modified map installed and is simply plug & play. The TPS should be reset after the installation of any of these. Hope this helps.

yeah, that helps a lot, i ordered a buell ecm because that sounded like it was a bit simpler. two questions: 1. if i install it will i have any problem riding over to the dealer to have the tps reset? (as opposed to having the dealer install it) 2. can i install a new air box cover, and replace the existing filter, then put the ecm on, and still ride it over to the dealer, if the answer to question 1 is no i wont have a problem? thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast