Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: suggestions?

I would not install the ECU and expect to ride it to the dealership unless it is within pushing distance. The new ECU has no idea where the actual throttle position is until you reset the TPS. The bike will run, but not very well without the reset. Schedule with the dealer and install it in the parking lot and push it in the shop. It only takes a few minutes to install and with a little coordination with the service department, they could probably turn it around while you wait. Or, you can buy VDSTS software and reset it yourself as many times as you like.

could i install the other parts and ride on the stock ecm? then install the race one at the dealer and have the reset done?

Use the template found on this forum to create a new layout for your speedo, change the numbering system from the standard mph/kph to something like warp factor or something similar, then hook up a camera to the tank so you can video your 9R heading past warp factor 5, then post it on your myspace page to proove you have the fastest bike around.

Best of all there is no major expendature of funding other than paying for speeding tickets because you exceeded the posted speed limit by several orders of magnatude

Put your Jardine on, leave the stock air filter in, ride to the dealership, install the race ECU and air filter in the parking lot, and have the shop reset the TPS. Ride out a happy camper and be safe!

i actually got an open air box conversion, and a air box with air scoops on it. so could i do those before i go?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12