Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to look at this xb12r today, give me your thoughts...

Going to check out this guys bike today. From the description, sounds like it's well taken care of. Here's the link to the craigslist post. Is that a good price? What should I counter-offer him? Thanks in advance.
    2006 Buell xb12r

Looks in good shape. Only thing weird is he says "paint" when these bikes aren't actually painted.
    Not necessarily a BAD price but I wouldn't pay that much for it. But I'm a cheap ars.

I'd guess it's a custom paint job. Never saw one in quite that color before. Not a bad price though.

It's the shifter color option they offered from the factory. This is what I found out about it...Buell shifter paint

He says it's the paint from factory and he is the original owner, ask him to take off the airbox so you can see the underside. Our plastics are an injected mould not manufactured and painted except for a few select themes. The paint looks like the old dark blue tuber paint (which is what he may mean when he says "from factory"). As long as the paint is well done it should be fine. Personally I think he's about 1k above market, but that's just me.
    If it is the true shifter bodywork, his pictures don't show it off. Also that could be why he's asking so much.

Now that I look again I think I can kind of see the shifter theme in the bodywork. It's hard to tell in the pics. They are a little more rare for sure. I've seen one and also seen a red one but forgot what that's called.

I just paid 5,500 for a 2009 scg with less miles. I would print out a nada value and try to talk him down some. But these bikes aren't exactly easy to come by these days either, I wouldn't think that price is a horrible deal. It looks like a super clean model, I wouldn't want to pass it up!

its a bit early in the season for buyers,, so prices and sales are a bit slow right now, as more people get tax returns and it stops snowing people tend to start buying bikes. In many areas of the US the buying season is said to be 3 months,, I know dealerships who swear by this.,, I tend to believe buyers tend to buy from April to August.
    I see just as nice bikes selling for less or taking forever to sell,,, often at much lower prices, the problem though is on eBay and CL you cant always inspect them, if you meet the guy and he seems solid, and the bike really seems solid, I dont think thats a BAD price, but it isnt great either.
    I bought a 2007 Firebolt for $1900 and it had issues but was a solid bike, just needed sorting out, and some money put into it. Ive seen comparable no issues bikes like the one you are looking at between $3500 and 4500 all the time, his price is a bit high, but he is on the east coast and im on the west coast, so not really a fair comparison, plus southern states tend to get more in prices,, Im told the bay area of Calif had more Buells sold than anywhere else in the US. regions matter in sales. But Buells are rare to begin with, they get parted out at the drop of a hat, and wrecked, so a good one is worth the extra money if its the right deal for you. If it were me and i was spending YOUR money id feel better around $4500 and have CASH with you, work the angles for the Factory manual, parts book and any accy he might have not mentioned in the ad. I always feel better buying a bike if i know the owner actually looked at the manual, plus the little things add up, if thrown in on the deal its just sweeter. good luck

Inactive
    I just paid 5,500 for a 2009 scg with less miles
    did you snag that 09 cherry bomb scg from simon down below DC? that was a cream puff.

Just got home from viewing that bike. Needs a good cleaning, a couple small cracks in the plastics, couple scratches here and there. Overall a pretty nice bike. We talked for a while, he is really trying to move it. He is moving at the end of the month. Got him down to $4250. I told him I would call him tomorrow and figure everything out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast