Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torque Hammer

This topic has probably been already discussed...
    But I'll ask anyway. I Have a XB12R and have done a lot of research on exhaust systems. American Sportbike did test on most all available aftermarket. The Drummer SS looks like the best on the graphs. But since the test The Dutch company "Twin Motorcycles" make the claim the "Torque Hammer" have the most power/torque on the market. Has anyone in the us tried one of these? If so what is your take on the Torque Hammer?
    Thanks!

I'm about to mount mine up soon. As you may know, we're a dealer for Twin Motorcycles. The exhaust is very nice and extremely well built. I have very high expectations of it. I'll ask them to comment on the actual peak HP of the system. They have lots of dyno time on these.

HERE'S the exhaust on our site for your reference.

Here it is all blacked out with my other parts: :D

HERE'S a good thread about it that you may or may not have seen before.

Thanks for the reply. I will read over the links you show. I guess they will answer my questions about the ECM and how it sounds next to a stock system. I'm not into a real loud pipes but I would like to at least hear it. The stocker sounds like a stopped up vacuum cleaner. Although it runs very well with the stock one.
    I hope you post some feedback after you install yours.
    Thanks

i'm pretty keen on the results also, but considering the Dean Adams Keda full exhaust system is the same price compared to just a muffler and pre-programed Race ECM

Dean Adams Keda full exhaust system is the same priceÂ* compared to just a muffler and pre-programed Race ECM
    Full exhaust as in header AND muffler? I don't believe that to be the case. (nothing against Dean and his products of course...I'm a fan)

We're currently selling these for $635 which includes the chin brackets shipped to you in the Cont. US and if you have an 03-07 XB, the map is free! :D

Here's a clip for you guys...

I haven't read the details on the Twinmotorcycles link yet but I have an '09 and undrestand the ECU's on that model are non programable. So i'm assuming i will need to buy the EBR race ECM.??

That is not correct. You can program the 2009 models. Search on this forum for more information. But you can also buy an EBR ecm if you want....

That is not correct. You can program the 2009 models. Search on this forum for more information. But you can also buy an EBR ecm if you want....

We have a canned map that u can burn in the stock ECM for the Torque Hammer. It only needs to have the latest flash inside the ECM. The combo will pull like a freaking train. You really need to hold on the handle bar. Here is a comment from a experienced racer:

Here is a nice comment from a Buell Racer in the USA that uses our Torque Hammer exhaust.

Dris and Bud - the TorqueHammer is GREAT! I apologize for taking the system for granted! The design has allowed tuning to where I was able to get the same power as I had with the Beson but TOLERABLE sound. In fact, other racers had commented that when I was behind them with the old exhaust, they KNEW WHO was there!

Now with the new motor, I put the Torque Hammer on and GOOD running with 1.9 valves, .643 cans but 11.5 compression and 110 leaded race gas. DarkHorse crankworks took almost 2.5 pounds out of the flywheels and it is a SWEET motor.

I love the fact that for only a little more than a pound in weight, I get GOOD Power and now can race and ride at other tracks that ban the Beson exhaust because it's just too loud. It's about the perfect race OR STREET pipe.

http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websho...3-07_USA_03-10

After talking with the guys at Twin Motorcycles, we have a better understanding of the expected performance of this exhaust. Of course, as anyone who has experience dyno-tuning will tell you, dyno figures differ from dyno to dyno, from bike to bike so it's kind of difficult to get a good apples to apples comparison between different cases at different facilities on different bikes. You can read up on all the dyno results that Twin Motorcycles has documented over the years (and more) HERE but numbers-wise, here's a range of what you can reliably expect with their tune and exhaust:

XB12: 92-98 RWHP and and 77-81 Ft-lb of Torque
    XB12: 80-84 RWHP and and 60.5-65 Ft-lb of Torque

These numbers are from stock motors & headers and at most, an open air-box mod with a twin Motorcycles supplied tune. Also worth noting is that their tunes are designed for good reliable street use that will keep you on the road. Racers may be able to produce better numbers with more aggressive tunes, but reliability would likely be sacrificed.

This exhaust is also quieter than most on the market by design. We'll be releasing a comparison test on some other exhausts that are common in the near future.

If we can answer any further questions, please contact us.

Thanks!

www.5-0dro.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast