Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Race program parts sale, XB and 1125

A lot of people interested in those ohlins forks. Good thing I got first in line.:)

FYI:
    = Big bore XB motors chuck out 100+ hp when built badly and cheap... So it's all on what kind of money you have under the mattress.
    = 1125 motor is probably worth $$1500, you can buy whole used proven motors for $800-1000 online. 1190 motors are also available now.
    = that built XB9 is equally interesting to the go fast community as the XR dirt tracker.

Supposing everything works out I'm immediately ready to pay for a belly pan :)

Im getting the impression the NEW 1125 motor isnt that much in demand, I was told by a few people that most 1125 owners wont sink a lot of money into their bikes if they had to replace their motor,... I talked to the guy who owns the stuff and he said they were a little flexible, Could come down to $3200. Thats probably still too high. If there isnt more interest here I might try and give it a shot on ebay for a week or 2 otherwise Ill let them keep it.

As I said,,i made a 3 legged offer. still waiting on word back on the XB9 Bike and the pile of parts.

So,,, Those Ohlins gold forks, Yes,,,,i got a line of people who want them, but i talked to Squidbuellie and another guy, They both said OHLINS makes all the later forks XB and up, so regular XB forks are OHLINS as well, but those Gold ones arent that special, but people want them as they are different than the regular forks. IS that true? It IS possible those werent for a Buell and snuck over to the Buell pile from the Ducati pile, I looked on Feebay and cannot find ANY OHLINS gold anodized forks for Buells listed in the last 30 days. Ones for Ducati, Triumph and some other bikes are all over the map price wise, What is the going rate for them? WHats a fair price?

When i submitted the bid, the initial reaction was some of it was pretty fair, but they noticed right off the price i bid on the OHLINS and said the owner would never go for that. so clearly there will be some haggling.

( I listed the parts, put what i thought they might sell for, then put in my offer prices for each item, then added them all up for a total, So i offered less than what i think retail is for the whole pile, but what i think is a fair price, The Owner understands this logic, but its going to come down to haggling a final price, He doesnt want to sell the stuff piece by piece and wholesale package deals need to leave room for your time and effort,)

So would be helpful to find out if i was WAY off base on those OHLINS gold forks,,,, whats a fair price?

The stock XB type forks,, (usually silver) tend to sell for between $100-250 for a good pair of forks, depending on seller and good buddy deals. at least thats what i found.

Some progress today, just got the call from the owners. I made a 3 legged deal offer, 1 for the parts, 1 for the XB9 race bike and 1 for the 1125 motor,. There doesnt seem to be a lot of interest on the motor here on this list. So its probably over priced, but im pretty sure the dealer cost on it is what they are asking. So if anyone wants that 1125 motor contact me ASAP, otherwise im going to list it on feebay for a 250 over the asking price to cover the fees. That doesnt really make me any money but thats okay, Its about getting it to someone who can use it and builds good will for the rest of the deal.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    The XB9 race bike deal got turned down, Im asking whats their minimum but the feeling is let it sit a while longer and they will deal on it. Something may or may not happen on that but at this point its not moving anywhere

I have a verbal okay on the parts pile and need to move some money around and go pick it up, will also be out of town for 4 days at the end of the week, so will be posting more next week and following up on interest here.

So some progress... thats what i go for now

Easy way to tell forks is there a caliper mount on BOTH forks or just 1? BOTH means it has absolutely nothing to do with Buell...
    Ohlins forks were on XB-RR & could be ordered through Buell IF one had a race license. My guess is they were meant for that xb9. Like I said, that bike probably has $4500 in parts, if tuned it's chucking out 100+Hp to the wheel. $ or it's a mean ass track toy!

Thanks, I talked to him more about the forks, the feeling is the forks migrated over from the pile of Ducati parts, but many people might use them on a Buell, so i had to come up a bit on the price to get them included.

The NOS XR1000 forks or whatever those black forks are are not included in the deal, but they can be had for $600 for the pair, They are for such a rare bike (the owner of these parts has one of them) that the issue is finding someone who knows what they are and needs a pair,.

The race XB IS worth a LOT in parts, but hotrodded or racing bikes dont fetch a lot of money for resale, plus its not completed, as with many things with a race team and a multi line dealership, projects get started but not always finished, So its really only a collection of parts, Im interested in what they owner thinks is his minimum but for the time being its just sitting.

I believe ohlins forks for XB run $2500. I heard there are only 100 sets. 56 on XB-RR & a few extras were ordered. I'm sure they are the same as some other sport bike with the bottom end changed for XB.

Problem is your buyin from a DEALER, you won't get a good deal on any of it because they know exactly what everything is worth. Or they THINK they know... Which is worse.

I want them for the performance not just the fact they are sexy in gold but I'm a die hard ohlins fan. The cheapest I can find is 2600 which is about 2000 over my budget lol I'll just rebuild mine with ohlins dampers

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast