Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Race program parts sale, XB and 1125

Hi, i just got a call from a friend, this guy is a major player in the local bike world, He is known as the guy who revived the Norton brand from obscurity before his investors sold it out from underneath him,
    So, He called me just a few minutes ago and was asked by a local dealership (very well known) to liquidate their racing program stuff.

Already gone is the Ducati stuff, sold in one pile. Soon will be their Triumph racing program stuff, but of interest here is their BUELL stuff (OH ! HAPPY DAY!! :D)

BRAND NEW 1190 motor in the crate, bunch of other 1190 stufff, and some Buell stuff,. Im not real clear if all these parts are RACE parts or take offs from street bikes converted to racers, or a mixture of both. Pallets of the stuff. So i told him i WANT It,,, sounds like some fair prices might be had. Some is just NOS parts in the packages with washers, fasteners, gaskets, some seems to be high end parts and New forks, shocks, wheels, and i hear theres 2 bikes, sounds like the bikes are XB. Will post soon, I am taking my camera and making an inventory. stay posted.

BTW< Still looking for a fuel pump for my 2001 S3 Tuber, ANYONE have one or will loan me one for a few days?
    I wont be keeping it on the bike, will be switching the bike over to a Mikuni HSR carb, i just want to fire it up on setup thats on the bike now, before i tear it down

Edit

Let us know what you've got.

you got my interest

Sounds like a decent find. Keep us posted

One 1125 owner eagerly awaiting inventory :p

okay EDIT,, 1125, so will be looking at the inventory and do a partial inventory to see whats there on Friday, Sounds like a mix of 1125 and XB stuff. theres multiple pallets of it and sounds like a lot to sort thru. Be interesting to see how much of it is street bike parts and if theres any cool racing parts.

Several possibilities, One i buy it all and sell it off in chunks or piece by piece, or Ill line someone else with it.
    I know the guys involved and pretty good to deal with, right now i have it locked up and we will see what kind of deal it is. The dealer ships owner has heavily invested over the years in national racing and supported a number of teams, But it sounds like he just wants to get rid of the stuff in full swoop and not deal in nickel and dime stuff.
    Another guy came in and bought the whole pile of the Ducati stuff so whats left is Buell and Triumph.

Im taking my camera and a note pad, Will update soon.

okay went and looked today, got a bunch of pictures, not quite as much stuff as i thought, but some cool stuff, would be fun to play with, Some full on race stuff, some stock take off stuff. I have dibs on a package deal, and will want to resell most of it to keep a few pieces for myself.

The dealership owner is at Daytona right now with his race team, wont be back for a while, He called while we were at his dealership going thru the piles, he gave more info but we also need details from the race team mgr and the head tech guy of whats there. We are completing an inventory in the interim and will sit down and haggle over price when he gets back, (roughly 30 days) in the interim I will load a bunch of pix i took today and want to get some feedback and have some questions,, I hope i can make a fair offer thats a WIN-WIN for everybody. stay tuned:)

sounds hella good

Even more interested. ..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast