Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much seat-of-your-pants power?

Haha, yeah, you can tell this is my first Buell. Good to know about the valves- one less thing to worry about. I'll check the compression just for peace of mind though. Thanks for the heads up.

A new set of plugs and a good once over onthe carburetor by someone experienced might wake er up a bit. My cyclone was hard starting with stock Harley plugs,I put in the buell pro series plugs and it got quite a bit better seemed to be able to take the coke off sooner too

My 1998 S3 will stand straight up if I get on it hard 1st through 3rd. My father rode it one day and tried to nail the throttle at a red light like he does on his shovelhead and scared the **** out of himself. If your heads are black it should have thunderstorm heads they started putting them on in 1998.

My 1998 S3 will stand straight up if I get on it hard 1st through 3rd. My father rode it one day and tried to nail the throttle at a red light like he does on his shovelhead and scared the **** out of himself. If your heads are black it should have thunderstorm heads they started putting them on in 1998.
    I've noticed harley riders (like my dad as well) seem to accidentaly or unexpectedly wheelie buells. It seems they dont have the instinct to lean foward under hard accel. they just lean back and nail it like they do on their sofa cruiser. :p

I'm nervous to let my dad ride mine for fear of him operating the front brake the way he has to on his fat boy. Something about watching him dump it at an intersection that just doesn't sound fun...

Caught my father on the side of the road doing a burn out one day on my way home. We live on the same road at first i'm like that looks like my bike then I remembered I left the key in it (i keep it at his house) I guess it was pay back for all the times i took his truck when i was younger. LOL

Update: Well I rode a friend's Ducati Monster with somewhat similar specs to compare against. I guess I was overestimating what this range of horsepower would feel like. BUT, I also found multiple intake leaks from bad gaskets and poor seals, so I'll be fixing those and will probably gain a bit of throttle response.

Thanks for the input.

PS: After riding the Ducati for a day, I must say, the Buell puts a bigger grin on my face. :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123