Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ecm Bluetooth module

After a failed attempt to build my own Bluetooth module for use with my Android devices and the ECM Droid app, I decided to buy one from xopti inside , unfortunately he seems to be MIA as his Bluetooth modules a have been listed as "coming soon" for quite some time and he has failed to answer any emails I have sent requesting a status on when they will be available. I did find 2 Bluetooth connectors on eBay and was curious if any of you had any experience with them...

They are both from the same seller, this one , and then a revised smaller version .

I would really like to try my hand at data logging and custom tuning and having my NEXUS 7 Android tablet in my tank bag would be a lot more convenient than trying to put my 17” laptop in a backpack.

did you use the same parts as in my photos? i will try to get mine working this weekend or this week. weather isnt working to my favor. what errors are you getting?

I actually make those, I didnt want to step on anyone's toes by posting that here since I knew someone else already made them but since someone else has brought it up ill say something. I have several other electronic add on pieces planned in the near future. If you have any questions about them, just let me know.

This is what I built following someone's guide(can't remember who's because I attempted this last summer)

And I get these errors

By no means am I claiming that I'm awesome with soldering electronics but believe I did an adequate job. I think maybe the Bluetooth modem itself is the problem.

I actually make those, I didnt want to step on anyone's toes by posting that here since I knew someone else already made them but since someone else has brought it up ill say something. I have several other electronic add on pieces planned in the near future. If you have any questions about them, just let me know.
    I'm so dumb, when I read this my brain didn't realize that you meant you make the ones I linked to in my post.

I used this guide buell xb forum ecm bluetooth guide
    I bought all the components that Zittele listed and mine has been working perfectly. In fact I leave mine plugged in all the time :D

Your problem could be a corrupt bluetooth module or a voltage regulator problem.

another issue could be the baud rate needs to be changed.

Voltage regulator problem can cause problems with linking to the ecm? I just ask because I have a bluetooth adapter from xpoti and it worked great on my '07 lightning. Just today tried to link it to my '09 lightning and it won't show up when I scan for bluetooth devices. The battery had mysteriously died, so I just did a quick diagnostic charge so I can link to it and see what's wrong. Apologies to neil for jumping in on this post, but I figured if its an interchangeability issue with xpoti's device or a vr prob you would want to hear also

The regulator needs at least 9v input to work correctly. If the bike isn't running then the vs isn't doing anything. It only converts the power from the stator while running

You have your RX and TX (white and green) backwards. Switch them at the plug and try again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast