Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a tankbag

I'm looking for a tank bag that fits well, can be easily accessed, dry in light rain conditions, dry with cover in pouring rain, does not interfere with bars, would be nice if it could be left on while fueling, but not a show stopper. A bag that can hold the daily commuting basics plus gloves, maps, 1st aid kit, windscreen / visor cleaner, etc…

I have looked online, so far the only bag that I keep coming back to is the Wolfman Blackhawk, little smaller than I would like, but it has as low front height, reasonable size and its a strap mount. Not sure if the sloping style bags are the best fit on the Buell air box covers…

The use will be on road commuting, light touring, no off-roading and standing. I have full set of hard cases for the larger items.

Suggestions greatly appreciated….!
    Thanks,

John

Cortech had some stuff that worked pretty well when the 1125's came out, they'd fit the Uly also.

Dayco on ebay...

Thanks for the suggestions, the search continues...

I have the Cortech 2.0 18L tank bag, and it works perfectly. You can fit a bunch of stuff inside, it pops off easily for transport, and it doesn't get in the way when your riding (a MUST). Good luck with the search.

Riverotter,

Can you leave the bag secured when refueling?
    Does it hit the cross bar when in hard turn?
    Looks like a roomy bag, the small pocket towards the rider, is it easy opened and closed while riding?
    Thanks for suggestion !

Here are some answers for you, with pics. below:

Can you leave the bag secured when refueling?
    No, but two fast-snaps, a reverse flip of the bag, and you're good to go.

Does it hit the cross bar when in hard turn?
    No, several inches to spare. The first two pics show a full turn on the bars. I don't even notice the bag is there unless I look down...

Looks like a roomy bag, the small pocket towards the rider, is it easy opened and closed while riding?
    I don't tend to mess with the zippers when I'm riding, but it would be easy to open/close, I believe.

Thanks for suggestion !
    No sweat - good luck with your decision.

Look at wolfman with klr 650 strp kit. Fit and fonction are perfect. You can refuel without removing.

I bought the RKA 19 liter tankbag and it does everything you asked. The map pocket is excellent, I can refuel without taking it off, in fact it's the nicest bag I have ever owned. Check out their website they even have pictures of you with their tank bag.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I went with a Giant Loop Fandango Pro. Couple of reasons, one its waterproof ( at least here in NY state). It has a rock solid strap mounting system that allows you to pull one zip and flip the bag to either side to refuel. I know there are bags that can stay in-place while fueling, this bag could be left in place as well but I like the clearance and ease of not dripping fuel trying to fuel with a bag on the air box. The workmanship is really good and well thought out. Heavy duty YKK zippers and sealing to boot. Here are a few pictures, I purchased the bag from Revzilla, nice place to deal with if you do not have a local vendor.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast