Thread: Plasti Dip Question

I finally found a Firebolt in my price range and I should be picking it up Monday but, he has some weird flames painted on the bike. I've plasti dipped stuff on my buddies Mustang (badges) and it worked ok. What do you guys think about plasti dipping the plastics? If anyone has done it before how do you clean it? I can't imagine being able to scrub with soap and water. Lol

I plasti-dipped my front fairing because it had a few scratches I couldn't quite sand out. It looked really good at first, but after 3-4 months, it started to fade and the gloss coating started to come off. If you take your time, prep the plastics very well, and allow proper drying between coats, it will turn out very good. But be prepared to repaint it every few months, depending on how much you ride. Pieces that you contact can also rub the paint off, such as the tail end or the airbox cover. I just picked up my brand new fairing yesterday to replace mine because I didn't feel like repainting it.

Awesome. I kind of expected anything that gets touched a lot it would wear off eventually. I'll end up paiting when I get the money though.