Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do i need to remap ecu

I have a k&n filter and a jardine exhaust I don't know how to remap my ecm... ive read on here somewhere that I need to but I don't have emcspy or a cable nor have I ever done anything like this before, everything else ive ever worked on was carbureted... any and all help would be awesome, the more dumbed down and step by step the better... I know it needs remapped its not running exactly right It runs ok when running fast but when cruising it hesitates and spudders.

Look on ebay, you can find cabkes etc. Software you can find online. Its really easy to tune just check out the datalogging guide on here

What kind of bike? Any other mods?

Easiest way to "dumb down" the tune is to buy the matching ECU from ebr.com

Your fix could be as simple as a TPS reset though

i have a 03 xb9s no other mods i just bought the bike a month ago. the guy i bought it from told me that it had the exhaust and k&n said the ecm has not been touched. he told me to download a program on my android called ecmdroid and that he only used it for monitoring... would it be possible for me to do it with this program i already have... i do have the bluetooth link on the bike so i can see everything thats going on just never done it myself... what exactly does the TPS reset do? because i have a button on my app that says i can do it on my phone... and i really dont have the money to buy the new ecu... if possible i'd like to keep everything as cheap as i can...

bitte, tu dir selbst einen gefallen: fass niemals, niemals, dein ecm an. wenn es noch nicht mal dazu reicht, mal eben nach ecmspy zu googlen ...

ich your post translates to giberish if im getting some of it your telling me to not touch my ecm then am I supposed to ride my bike running like crap? if you mod the intake and exhaust on anything you have to tune something: on fuel injection its the ecm, on carbureted its the carburetor has to be done I just need guidence

kobeyson,

I would recommend posting your geographic location to see if there is anyone near you who may be able to help you troubleshoot via ECMSpy (or TunerPro, etc.). There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here, and some of them may be willing to do a "maintenance day" type of meet where people can get together and help each other out. Like others have posted, modulating your ECM can be daunting and possibly detrimental if you don't know what you're doing. How do I know? Because the original owner of my Uly (also has a K&N and Jardine) attempted it and I'm still dealing with the same issues you have. ;)

thanks sprk, im from Nashville Illinois if anyone can do that, that would be exactly what I need its so frustrating trying to follow the help just from reading it on here cuz there are so many different ways people do things on here its hard to know whats the right way ya know

kobeyson-

I used to work for Max at Tuniversity. I now do free lance and work by myself since he shut down. So you can listen to this advice or not but hope it helps:

First you do need to update to a race map or tune your bike if you do an intake and exhaust modification. The bike can compensate so much but not enough to help two modifications.

There are several ways of going about doing this. The easiest would be to get either a USB cable or connect to a laptop via your bluetooth dongle for the bike. Get a map from someone on the forums for your bike and use one of the programs (ECMspy or TunerproRT).

ECMspy-

Download and install the program. (You should buy the program)
    Connect to your bike with the cable ECMspy program.
    Save your base map.
    Load the race map into the program.
    Upload to your bike.
    Cycle the power to your bike.
    Done

TunerproRT-

Download and install the program. (Free)
    Install ADX file
    Install Buell IO Plugin
    Install XDF file (since you have a 2003 xb9 you need the BUECB_V5 xdf file)
    Connect to the bike via emulator
    Download your map using the emulator.
    Save your base map.
    Open race map.
    Upload the race map to your bike using the emulator.
    Cycle the power on your bike.
    Done.

If you want to get more indepth with it let me know via a PM or email me at buelltune@gmail.com

Marc

thank you marc I ordered a cable for my bike the other day says it came with software and maps. I'll update when it comes in... should be in Monday... if this all works I will post where I got it from to help others to make it easier.. I bought the cable program and maps for 40 dollars with free shipping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast