Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tall rider looking to buy an XB12SS

6'5" here with a 38" inseam...my '09 Ss isn't horrible with the stock saddle, but it's perfect with both the solo and touring saddles.

edit - bike is still locked up in storage for the winter, so no pics. :/

Im 6'-3" with a 34" inseam, roughly 190lbs and i find my SS pretty comfy, but with the standard seat and a pillion on the back it could do with an inch or so more leg room to the frame guards. I have just purchased a solo seat so I am looking forward to try that out this season.
    Miami could you give me the part number for the SS touring saddle?

Ss, STT & Ulysses use the same chassis, uly has bit lower Rearsets than the rest,
    A 2010 Ss is fairly rare so I'd grab it if you can, can always get the money back in resale if it's not for you...

I don't have a "low" of "ss" or whatever but on my xb9r I pretty much HAD to add the lightning/ulysses pegs(they provide a 1" drop or maybe 2" can't remember vs the firebolt pegs) for me to be comfortable. I'm 6'4" and ~225lb 38" inseam. I'm extremely comfortable on my bike, but the pegs made all the difference. With the stock pegs it was really bad on my knees. Hope this helps at all.

I'm told I'm a giant on my buell but I don't care I'm comfy and I love it.

Not a good pic but was taken saturday night:

Camo - I'll try to get out to my storage unit tomorrow and take a look.

I'm 6'4" 241lbs. I have a city and with 1" drop pegs, and a tail lift I'm comfortable on the bike. The SS' I've rode felt great in stock form as well. People say the bike looks very small. Aside from you looking like you are a giant it will be very comfortable. If you end up feeling a little cramped it's amazing what 1" drop pegs will do. The only thing I have going for me is I'm at 9% body fat at that weight so I don't look like a big marshmallow on the bike. I have a heavy friend who is tall, and not In shape and the bike looks silly under him because of his body type. He looks like he's riding a mini bike. Tall in shape looks fine. Tall and chubby makes it look like a bear driving a clown car.

Everything aside just buy it. You won't be disappointed. Great platform to modify. Sort of old school tech in terms of mechanicals which makes it really nice to work on. Overall they are a must own at some point. Make yourself fit and enjoy the ride.

Thanks guys, I think I'll have to pull the trigger and drop the pegs. Hoping I'll still get enough ground clearance to have fun :)

btw, how can we subscribe to a thread?
    Thanks again!

It's amazing how much of a difference the 1" drop pegs make. I removed the feelers so I can still lean over all the way. Although it's not a good feeling when the pegs or your toes touch pavement, have had that happen a few times.

Yeah 1" inch is a lot...I tried lowering the pegs on my Monster by about 0.75" and they would touch the pavement just riding on the access ramp to the highway...took them off.

6'3" with 5'5" passenger on my ss

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast