, possibly, threads, motion, small, countless, repetitive, retaining, springs, inners, bottom, bushings, outer, removed, rebuilt, forks, rebuilding, stuck, showas, crf250x, worked, count, times, hammer, built, reverse, strap, ratchet, press, slide, pulled, problem, makes" /> FORK LEG STUCK! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FORK LEG STUCK!

the bushings are getting caught on eachother and are binding because they are so worn.
    Without pics, and given that these are not forks most folks on this forum will be familiar with, I'm having difficulty visualizing your description. However, some bushings I recall seeing are split & they sit in a smaller-diameter recessed piece of the fork leg. They can only be removed by prying them along the split seam to slide them out of the recess. They are accessed from the top of the fork; it sounds to me like you're trying to access them from the bottom(?).

As long as you have #13 out (and it sounds like you do). they should separate. You won't be able to get the slide bushings out with the forks together.

Do you have the little allen thats in the axle hole out? Might help?

Can you still slide the fork leg upward or is it stuck? It does sound like the upper bushing is getting wedged in the lower bushing causing it to try and expand outward instead of driving it out. Definitely going to need some heat on the fork around where the lower bushing sits. This problems happens more frequently on dirt bikes. Look around on thumper talk and you will find some threads. Sometimes the upper bushing will pull completely through the lower one.

This problems happens more frequently on dirt bikes.Â* Look around on thumper talk and you will find some threads.Â* Sometimes the upper bushing will pull completely through the lower one.
    After tons of heat and a few hours of work on them they still won't come apart. I've tried literally everything. My buddy is going to take them to a suspension shop to see if they can determine if they are bent. I'll update you guys on the fix when I get them back to be rebuilt.

I'll update you guys on the fix when I get them back to be rebuilt.
    Please do..I'm interested to see the carnage even if its just the bushings that get torn up.

Please do..I'm interested to see the carnage even if its just the bushings that get torn up.
    You can tell the bushings are getting caught on eachother and wearing down slowly because everytime you slide hammer them apart and back together more little pieces of nylon are left on the fork.

I'll update you guys on the fix when I get them back to be rebuilt.
    hows it going?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123